Junior Software Developer
Wick Careers, Inc.
New York, NY, United States
Job TitleJunior Software Developer
As a junior software developer, you will work closely with your development team to craft the ultimate job search experience. The software you develop will automated painful and mind-numbing tasks, and empower job seekers to focus on the real value-add job search tasks.
This role is excellent for self-starters, and those eager to prove their skills and learn from more senior developers. Advancement into more senior roles are not only present, but expected to be taken advantage of. This role is a stepping stone to more senior and established roles within the company.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop document, and deploy a microservice architecture-based platform as part of a software development team using Python technologies (Python, Django, Flask, etc.)
- Own multiple development components.
- Participate in documentation, unit testing and integration testing.
- Contribute to team bi-weekly development sprints governing milestones and deliverables.
- 1-year experience writing Python/Django/Flask production level code
- 1-year experience with SQL and in the use and administration of relational databases, in particular, MySQL/MariaDB and/or PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of OOP, design patterns/principles, and best practices
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience using Agile methodology for software development
- Interpersonal Communication Skills, Teamwork, and Diplomacy
- Excellent Documentation and Planning/Organization Skills
- Passion & Professionalism
- Proficiency in the English language
- Undergraduate Degree in a Technical Field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.)
- Experience using Git for source code version control
- Experience using Linux
- Experience using Docker for application containerization
- Prior software development related experience (1-2 years) required.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary USD $60,000 - $80,000 per year
- Performance-based bonuses and benefits
Interested candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Wick Careers, Inc. is a pre-revenue, consumer-facing SaaS company. We are building an end-to-end job search platform spanning from finding the job to negotiating your salary & compensation. Our inaugural service auto-fills job applications at the click of a single button.