Wick Careers, Inc.
New York, NY, United States
Job TitleSoftware Developer
As a software developer, you will work closely with your development team to craft the ultimate job search experience. The software you develop will automated painful and mind-numbing tasks, and empower job seekers to focus on the real value-add job search tasks.
This role is excellent for self-starters, those eager to develop specializations and/or take on leadership duties. Opportunities for advancement are not only present, but expected to be taken advantage of. As Wick matures, there will be an increased need for specialists (front end, machine learning, etc.) and team leaders.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop document, and deploy a microservice architecture-based platform as part of a software development team using Python technologies (Python, Django, Flask, etc.)
- Manage software development through the delegation of tasks to developers, conduct code reviews, and execute biweekly development sprints governing milestones and deliverables
- Own multiple development components
- Participate in documentation, unit testing and integration testing
- 3-years experience writing Python/Django/Flask production level code
- 3-years experience with SQL and in the use and administration of relational databases, in particular, MySQL/MariaDB and/or PostgreSQL
- 2-years experience using Git for source code version control.
- Strong knowledge of OOP, design patterns/principles, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience using Agile methodology for software development
- Experience in managing and mentoring other software developers.
- Interpersonal Communication Skills, Teamwork, and Diplomacy
- Excellent Documentation and Planning/Organization Skills
- Passion & Professionalism
- Proficiency in the English language
- Undergraduate Degree in a Technical Field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.)
- Experience developing RESTful API’s.
- Experience in using major cloud hosting platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Experience in using Kubernetes.
- Experience using Linux
- Experience using Docker for application containerization
- Prior software development related experience (1-2 years) required.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary USD $75,000 - $100,000 per year
- Performance-based bonuses and benefits
- Opportunities for specialized training and continuing education
About the Company
Wick Careers, Inc. is a pre-revenue, consumer-facing SaaS company. We are building an end-to-end job search platform spanning from finding the job to negotiating your salary & compensation. Our inaugural service auto-fills job applications at the click of a single button.