Lead Solution Engineer
The Difference Engine
London, London, United Kingdom
Job TitleLead Solution Engineer
Working closely with an in-house team of PhD / Assistant Profs whose NLP models consistently beat the competition in industry benchmarks, you'll take responsibility for creating bespoke customer solutions that leverage the components of the core platform.
Given the rapid growth of the firm, the role involves the following:
- Engaging with clients to understand needs and scoping / designing solutions
- Taking technical ownership for the full delivery to meet the clients need
- Driving technical strategy within your team and more broadly across the firm
- Being hands-on while also having people management responsibilities for a small team
- Working closely with the Product, Science, Sales and Solution Engineering teams optimise your solution and feedback your experience / extensions into the core product(s)
As this is a rapid growth firm, expect there to be lots of talented people around you off which you can learn as well as help influence as you and the rest of the leadership team technically position the firm for further rapid growth.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Key to this role are:
- Intellectually curious, you'll love to learn new things both technically and functionally
- 5+ years commercial programming experience, ideally using Python / Django
- Experience with ORM and creating horizontally scalable micro-service architectures
- Enjoy engaging with clients and creating tailored solutions
- Enjoy working to client deadlines
- An appetite to work in a scale-out business where boundaries area blurred and where you can have a massive impact on their success
About the Company
Founded in 2014 by super-strong leadership ( Harvard / Oxford PhD...) and with a significant Series A raise (of over > $17M) last year, the firm has grown rapidly to over 90 people, with head quarters in central London.
Using home grown NLP models the software is live with many of the worlds leading tier 1 investment banks and law firms. The use-cases are massively varied from Surveillance of message content for malicious intent through to large scale document processing.
Having just moved into brand new offices, just 5 mins walk from Bank Station, the working environment is as you'd expect:
- quiet zones, break-out areas, library
- wine / beer / great coffee machine
- hot desks for Squad based development along with wide screens and company laptops
- flexible working
- £1k per person training budget per annum
- Contact: Rawlings
- E-mail contact: GARY.RAWLINGS@THEDIFFERENCEENGINE.TECH