Job TitlePython Developer
TXODDS is a dynamic player in the Sports data business looking to grow aggressively in the next 18 months. It is seeking a number of Python Developers to join a team responsible for the operation, development and maintenance of our current and future Python systems.
The technology platform is currently undergoing a period of reinvestment and the selected candidates will contribute to this. You will be able to work independently on distributed platforms, contribute effectively to team discussions/decisions and clearly communicate impediments when they arise.
We aim to expand on our diverse and skilled team. Applications are welcome from enthusiastic script-kids to Unix grey-beards.
Work with the Development Team to:
- Maintain existing Python applications and processes
- Contribute to design and development of a new odds acquisition platform in Python 3
- Develop new features for existing software and contribute to the design of new applications
- Monitor and Operate the existing applications
Software development practice
- Write tests where appropriate to validate changes
- Conform with change control procedures
- Participate in code reviews with peers
Proactively help in identifying improvements in the system, including:
- Better monitoring
- Performance tweaks
- Reliability enhancements
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Strong Python Knowledge
- Strong Linux fundamentals
- NoSQL (Redis, Hadoop, ElasticSearch)
- Worked in online systems with high reliability requirements
- Relational Database (MySQL, Postgres)
- Software development tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Git)
- Messaging Technologies (ActiveMQ, Kafka)
- Atlassian collaboration tools (Confluence, JIRA, Slack)
- AWS (s3, sqs)
Skills and personal attributes
- Positive personality with excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Highly desirable – ability to coach and train new developers
- Optional – ability to communicate directly with non technical administration staff to assist in diagnosing problems
About the Company
TXODDS is a data company specialised in the aggregation and global distribution of real time sport data.
Working with many of the industry's biggest names our services are in use at the front line of trading rooms globally, where the focus lies on real time, accurate and relevant data.
Our suite of services comprises the TXAPI, TXLAB and TXTRADER, and includes the world's most comprehensive sports betting data archive - stored in mechanisms for easy retrieval for further historical analysis and modelling purposes.
We work closely with clients from startups to web giants, to provide custom data solutions that enhance their existing trading systems.
- Contact: Tony Gallagher
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org