London, Hammersmith, United Kingdom
Job TitlePython Engineer
Summary We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Python Engineer based in London to join the team working on our exciting Machine Learning product. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our World.
Roles and Responsibilities: We are looking for exceptional and ambitious individuals to develop an automated machine learning platform for time series. You will work as a software engineer in a team of software engineers and scientists. The application stack is composed of Python, Numpy, Scipy, Sklearn, XGBoost, Keras, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Ansible, AWS, GCP, and other technologies.
Benefits: Successful candidate will have:
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- An access to guidance, mentorship, and opportunities for turbo-charged professional development, as one of the first team members in our Software development team
- Competitive salary
- An employee share option scheme
- A pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm. We are an international team passionate about innovation and making a difference.
Hiring steps: Our interview process consists of a test, intro interview, several tech interviews and an on-site visit. We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.
- No telecommuting
- Agencies are OK
- Smart, capable and can write clean code effectively
- Ability to design and architect high-performance distributed software
- Development experience in at least one scripting language - preferably Python
- Understanding of the full stack is preferable (REST backends and SPA frontends)
- In-depth understanding of computer architecture is preferable, e.g. C, C++, Cython
- Interest in machine learning/big data (prior experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (version control, tooling, testing, etc.)
- Ideally, you should be able to work in London or be able to commute.
- Candidates outside of London who are interested in relocating will be considered.
About the Company
- We are on a mission to develop a machine that predicts the global economy in real-time. Our technology helps organisations plan and optimise business outcomes, thus improving efficiency and protecting the environment.
- causaLens wins 'Best Investment in Deeptech'. The scaling round was led by a top deep tech investor (see recent press FT, TechCrunch)
- causaLens in the 100 most disruptive UK companies
- causaLens in the Forbes 'Top 15 Machine Learning Companies to watch in Europe'
- Contact: Begum Birlik
- E-mail contact: email@example.com