Senior Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
Anywhere GMT-7 to GMT+3, CA, USA
Job TitleSenior Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
InCountry is looking for experienced Python engineers to help us build our innovative global data storage and compute network.
- Creating designs for new application features
- Designing APIs and data models to support new features
- Working primarily in Python 3
- Writing unit and functional tests
- Reviewing code from other engineers
- Learning secure coding practices
- Periodic “on-call” to help monitor production systems
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Excellent English communication: writing and speaking
- Must have 4+ years of experience with Python
- Experience with one or more web frameworks: Django, Flask, Rails, Express
- Good understanding of web development foundations: HTTP protocol, caching, 3-tier architectures, asynchronous tasks, SSL
- Good knowledge of SQL, plus experience with one or more ORMs: SqlAlchemy, ActiveRecord, Django
- Extensive experience with Postgres or Mysql: multi-table joins, composite keys, managing indexes, optimizing queries
About the Company
InCountry is a new startup - already globally distributed - which is defining a new category of Data-residency-as-a-Service. We are headquartered in San Francisco but are open to great engineers from anywhere GMT-7 to GMT+3.
We just closed our $15m Series A, backed by investors around the globe. We are rapidly expanding our international engineering team to build a complete infrastructure stack for distributed data storage and compute.