Web Application Developer, Mid-level
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Job TitleWeb Application Developer, Mid-level
ITHAKA is looking for a Web Application Developer to join our JSTOR development team. You will be designing, developing, and maintaining applications that are deployed on our cloud-delivered platform and powered by our APIs. You will be a crucial part of a dynamic, energized, and agile team delivering leading-edge solutions that are used across the globe by millions of visitors each month. Our organization and this role will provide you with many exciting opportunities:
- Leveraging technologies including AWS, Java, Python, and Docker.
- Agile teams that follow continuous deployment and test automation best practices allowing for rapid application development and frequent deployments each week.
- Developers are using the same architecture, technologies, and tools as companies like Netflix, Etsy, and Amazon.com.
- This is a unique opportunity to be on the leading edge of building large-scale, cloud-delivered web applications that host hundreds of millions of sessions annually.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
The successful candidate will have applicable development experience, experience with large-scale distributed web applications, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, excellent problem-solving skills and strong communication and interpersonal skills. We look for candidates that possess strong debugging skills, a passion for best practices, and the ability to optimize code for clarity and reliability as well as performance. The primary responsibilities of our developers include:
- Participate as an empowered member of a collaborative agile team to design, develop and maintain high performance applications.
- Leverage continuous deployment and test automation tools in order to deploy application changes to production multiple times per day.
- Interact with internal and external customers to understand their needs and lead the development of web applications to meet those needs.
- Implement rich, interactive web applications using the latest technologies, frameworks, and patterns.
- Leverage web analytics as needed to support Product Discovery and to measure project KPIs.
- Test, measure, and optimize performance using Application Performance Management Tools.
In addition, the successful candidate will exhibit:
- Proven experience in Object Oriented programming using Java and / or Python.
- Experience using browser-based web developer tools to analyze and optimize UI performance.
- Experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban.
- Willingness and ability to learn new approaches and emerging technology quickly.
- Familiarity with implementing a mobile-first approach with UI frameworks like Zurb Foundation and Bootstrap.
- Familiarity of unit testing with Jasmine, Jest or QUnit.
- Familiarity with building web applications using Python/Django.
- Familiarity with accessibility, usability, information architecture, and interaction design principles.
About the Company
Our team is passionate about our mission and supporting one another. We enjoy working together to create opportunities for people to learn and grow out in the world, and we bring that same commitment to helping our teammates develop in our careers and our lives. One of our core values is belonging. We embrace differences, and believe that the things that make each of us unique are the things that help us see new insights and build better solutions.
- Contact: Michell Valentine
- E-mail contact: Michell.Valentine@ithaka.org
- Web: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/ITH1000ITHAK/JobBoard/5fe90ad4-9e26-490b-9c45-6c9669d4dcd0/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=e7b8253c-f923-4e1c-9b93-3698d14af72d