Software Engineer II/III
Acima Technical Services, Inc.
Wallops Island, Virginia, USA
Job TitleSoftware Engineer II/III
Acima is supporting the NASA Wallops Flight Facility with the operation of the launch range used to deploy civil, military and commercial launch vehicles. We are currently seeking full-time software developers for Software Engineer II and Software Engineer III candidates with proven development and management skills. Your position will involve working directly with range operations personnel, translating requirements into new and modified software applications. The work is engaging, fast-paced, and highly rewarding – you’ll be part of an amazing team of very talented people... and you get to help launch rockets.
- Required Skills and Experience:
- Develop software in accordance with applicable requirements documentation;
- Develop and executes test plans for software system verification and acceptance;
- Develop required documentation; systems requirements development and allocation;
- Manage software specifications, analyses software systems, and codes of software modules; and
- Support the integration of hardware and software systems, and generation of related documentation.
- Migration of existing Java-based apps to Python
- A Software Engineer III must also have experience with:
- Assisting clients in the development of application requirements;
- Proposing the use of appropriate lifecycle development practices matched to requirements and magnitude of the effort; and
- Providing technical direction for the development of a system or subsystem and coordinating all appropriate software engineering activities.
- Software Experience:
- Python front end experience
- Java and Java for migrating apps to Python implementations
- DevOps in agile scrum/sprint implementations
- Development in Unix/Linux environments
- Version control with tools like CVS, Subversion, Git
- Experience with C++. C#, Python and Shell scripting desirable
SALARY: Negotiable depending on experience and education levels.
Please visit: www.acimatsi.com/jobs.html
- No telecommuting
- Agencies are OK
EDUCATION: BS or Masters degree in Computer Science, IT Systems, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related field plus a minimum of 4 years of related experience (Level II) or 8 years (Level III). Masters degree in the above fields may substitute for 3 years of experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: U.S. Persons only (U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugees and those given asylum in the United States, and temporary residents granted amnesty).
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: NACI
Positions are on-site - telecommuting not permitted. Daily start schedules can be flexible.
About the Company
Acima assists government and industry leaders craft and deploy effective solutions to the challenges of operating in a complex world. Our professionals are passionate about discovering innovative, efficient ways of using fewer resources to achieve higher levels of performance and reliability. Acima’s operating principles are designed to produce an unrelenting commitment to excellence.
We hire and retain a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D