Senior Django/Python Web Developer
National Journal (Atlantic Media)
Washington, DC, USA
Job TitleSenior Django/Python Web Developer
National Journal seeks a Senior Django/Python Web Developer to help maintain and enhance our membership-based suite of web, email and mobile offerings with editorial, research, and data visualization components, all using modern tools and platforms.
Local Washington, DC area candidates only, please. This is not a remote or telework position.
The Senior Web Developer will be a key member of our team of developers and act as the architect of major digital projects while helping to ensure that the work completed by the development team is stable and efficient. This is not a management position, but responsibilities will include mentorship of junior colleagues.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience successfully launching complex projects on time
- 2+ years of experience as a full-time developer for a web app, custom software product or organization web site
- Experience with the following technologies preferred but not required: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, WordPress, CDNs, uWSGI, Redis, Celery, Jenkins, Sentry, New Relic, Nginx, CentOS, RabbitMQ, NodeJS, React, Salesforce, Marketo, iOS development, high availability systems, or graph databases
- Organized, detail and deadline oriented, highly focused
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects at one time; cool under pressure
- Analytical thinker with strong/creative problem solving skills
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in government, elections, and associated datasets
Major responsibilities include:
- Architect major initiatives and work with the development team to ensure the intended architecture of minor initiatives is executed with excellence
- Reinforce and maintain development processes and workflows, including identifying and implementing optimizations
- Reinforce and help to maintain a system of peer review, help to verify the quality of code being released, and maintain a high degree of focus on reliability and performance
- Provide accurate time and effort estimates for work completion based on requirements and help to ensure the development team delivers on agreed-upon deadlines
- Promote a culture of automated testing and code reliability
- Perform major and minor day-to-day development tasks as needed
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to plan weekly sprints
- Collaborate with IT to ensure stability and up-time and in cases of downtime or other issues, help to communicate with key internal stakeholders to manage expectations
About the Company
National Journal (part of Atlantic Media) is a premier research and insights company committed to helping organizations effectively navigate Washington. We serve more than 1,000 government and business leaders in the nation’s capital with the intelligence, insights and connections they need to save time, increase efficiency and deliver success.
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability.
- Contact: Chris Dornfeld
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://atlanticmedia.applytojob.com/apply/ykSMNosZG7/Senior-Web-Developer?source=PythonOrg