You can't automate that! (Software Test Engineer)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Job TitleYou can't automate that! (Software Test Engineer)
Do you want to challenge yourself by testing not just websites and banking apps, but smart devices and biomedical instruments? Planet Innovation is a mid-size engineering consultancy with a positive, high-achieving work culture, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow in your testing career.
Planet Innovation is looking for a mid to senior level Software Test Engineer with a flair for automation. You will work on devices that include software components, from embedded firmware to PC to web applications. These projects are predominantly in the medical device field, ranging from devices that fit in your hand to others the size of a wardrobe. You will work with smart, driven professionals across several disciplines in an agile team. You will specify and carry out the testing work necessary for your team to bring a high-quality product to market, while meeting our Quality Management System expectations.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in a range of fields, learning and applying new techniques, assisting software developers in your project team while being supported by the broader software test team. Producing functional, reliable, safe software is critical to both our reputation with clients and the regulatory standards we need to meet, so we highly value your work! This position is available as permanent part-time or full-time. Part-time could be 60-90% FTE over set days or reduced hours each day. It is not available for remote work; candidates must work from our office in Box Hill, Melbourne. We’re excited about embracing the new perspective you will bring to our work.
- Carry out exploratory and manual testing
- Create and review formal test documentation, such as test plans, test cases, test reports, bug reports
- Implement automated tests, and systems to support automated testing
- Contribute to requirements and risk management processes
- Guide software engineers in testing practices such as TDD/BDD and improving software testability
- Support project managers in efficiently and effectively creating high quality products
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Essential skills and experience:
- 2+ years experience in a testing role
- Comfortable programming in Python
- Experience with web development and testing basics (knowledge of Git, HTTP, REST APIs, Selenium, CI, Docker)
- Passion for learning new things in science, engineering and technology
- Precise, organised and contextual written and spoken communication
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience across the software development lifecycle
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience in designing or testing electronics, IoT, firmware or embedded software
- Software design and development in a QA controlled environment (particularly medical, automotive, defence industries)
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (IEC 62304, ISO 13485)
- Experience in pytest and BDD.
About the Company
Planet Innovation is a HealthTech Innovation and Commercialisation company of over 250 people. We have our own portfolio of businesses, and also partner with world-leading organisations to help them create game-changing innovations to grow their business.
The company offers a fantastic and mature work culture where honest and open feedback is encouraged; there are real opportunities for progression and each team member directly influences their central vision of creating breakthrough products and commercially successful businesses that transform industries and have a positive impact on the world.
Planet Innovation is an equal opportunity employer. We champion diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply, send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject ‘Software Test Engineer’ by 19 July. No agencies please.