San Francisco, CA, United States
Job TitleData Engineer
Geli is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team, enhance our tooling, and accelerate our ability to gain insights from our design and run-time cloud platforms. As a Data Engineer, you will build robust ETL pipelines, work on scaling jobs on cloud infrastructure, and create reporting tools to analyze performance. Most importantly, you will be critical in developing the software controls needed to harness the potential of energy storage.
You will work closely with the rest of the analytics and software engineers focusing on these topics:
- Refining our simulation infrastructure for modeling the operation of energy storage
- Building tools to monitor, analyze, and gain insights from our storage design platform and our production sites
- Building dashboards to make analysis accessible and understandable to a diverse audience
Geli engineering is a flat organization and you will directly report to the VP of Engineering There are opportunities to lead teams, projects and/or become a scrum master You will have the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of energy markets Your Profile
We are looking for a motivated self-starter that thrives in a dynamic start-up environment. A strong work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills are equally important as being a team player who enjoys to learn and teach. Benefits
- No telecommuting
- Agencies are OK
These skills will additionally help you to excel in the position:
- BS or higher degree with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Software design experience and ability to write clean, maintainable and shippable production code (Python)
- Experience maintaining ETLs that operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources
- Experience building visualization and analytical tools to extract insights is valuable
- Ability to setup well-structured databases and write complex SQL queries. Django ORM experience will be helpful
- Experience with AWS
Experience in some of these fields will give you a jump start:
-Airflow, Celery - Docker and Kubernetes - RabbitMQ, AMQP, Redis, Kafka - Slack, Bitbucket, Jira, Jenkins - Knowledge of machine learning algorithms (time series forecasting, clustering algorithms, probabilistic models, supervised and unsupervised learning)
As a member of the team you will have significant influence on the direction of our technology stack.
About the Company
Imagine a world where there is less reliance on non-renewable power, where you source your electricity from your neighbors rather than from power stations hundreds of miles away and software makes the best possible use of the solar, wind and battery storage available. This is Geli's vision - the "Internet of Energy” (IoEn).
Geli provides software and business solutions to design, connect, and operate energy storage systems ranging in size from residential to utility-scale, as well as grid-tied, microgrid, and off-grid systems.
We're a growing Series-A funded company with 25 employees located in San Francisco's SOMA district looking for enthusiastic engineers that are not only fluent in technology, but also share our vision of a world running on 100% renewable energy.
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech. Geli is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.