Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, United States
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer
Geli is looking for a proven Software Engineer to join a driven software development and data analytics team. In this role, you will lead the development of internal and externally facing Python services and integrate them with our existing energy storage software products. You will excel in this role with a blend of backend development, microservice messaging, cloud and DevOps experience as well as a desire to take ownership of projects and push them over the line.
You will work closely with software and analytics engineers focusing on these topics:
- Develop and maintain new services in Python within our microservice architecture.
- Support the data analytics team with your software engineering expertise
- Convert algorithms into robust services
- Mentor and instill software engineering best practices
- Contribute to development infrastructure and processes, such as continuous integration, package management and automated deployment
- Work collaboratively in a diverse environment. We commit to reaching better decisions by respecting opinions and working through disagreements.
- Gain in-depth experience in an exciting industry as you work with storage sizing, energy financial models, energy tariffs, storage controls & monitoring.
- No telecommuting
- Agencies are OK
We are looking for a motivated self-starter that thrives in a dynamic start-up environment. A strong work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills is equally important as being a team player who enjoys to learn and teach.
These skills will additionally help you to excel in the position:
- BS or higher degree with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent Python (3.6+) and software engineering skills
- Designing software systems
- Writing clean, maintainable, thoroughly tested, and shippable production code
- Expertise in software engineering best practices, design patterns, OOP, data-structures
- Hands-on microservice experience
- Creating services in Python
- Messaging with AMQP and MQTT through RabbitMQ
- Sound design decisions around messaging architecture, protocols and interfaces
- Backend development experience for web applications, ideally in Flask
- Experience with maintaining products that are in production
Experience in some of these fields will give you a jump start:
- Django, Flask
- RabbitMQ (MQTT and AMQP)
- Redis, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS (EKS, ECS, RDS, EC2, S3, networking)
- Jenkins, PyPI
- Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty, NewRelic, Mixpanel
- Java, Gradle
- Slack, Bitbucket, Jira, G-Suite
- Knowledge of Cloud, IoT technologies, and scalable platforms
As a member of the team, you will have a significant influence on the direction of our technology stack.
About the Company
Imagine a world where there is less reliance on non-renewable power, where you source your electricity from your neighbors rather than from power stations hundreds of miles away and software makes the best possible use of the solar, wind and battery storage available. This is Geli's vision - the "Internet of Energy” (IoEn).
Geli provides software and business solutions to design, connect, and operate energy storage systems ranging in size from residential to utility-scale, as well as grid-tied, microgrid, and off-grid systems.
We're a growing Series-A funded company with 25 employees located in San Francisco's SOMA district looking for enthusiastic engineers that are not only fluent in technology, but also share our vision of a world running on 100% renewable energy.
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech. Geli is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.