Python Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Job TitlePython Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Skillcrush is on the hunt for an experienced Python SME to temporarily join our Curriculum team for an exciting project! This is a part-time, contract role that’s perfect for someone with a solid grasp of Python and relevant real-world commercial experience.
Skillcrush is a tech education company that helps women transform their careers with more fulfilling, high-paying work in the tech industry. We offer signature Career Blueprints that are designed to help students build the skills they need to find entry-level jobs in tech.
Your primary role will be to work with our Curriculum team to develop a new beginning-to-intermediate level Career Blueprint on Python. This Blueprint will provide an introduction to Python, including key foundational concepts and real-world applications relevant to an entry-level job seeker.
You should have a strong understanding of the current industry and entry-level job market requirements for Python. You should be comfortable recommending specific Python skills, tools, competencies, and areas of knowledge students will need by the time they complete this Blueprint.
You’ll work with our curriculum writers to develop:
- Class outlines and learning goals
- Instructional videos, screencasts, lesson steps, and cheatsheets
- Practice exercises and real-world class projects
- Sample and solution code for lessons and projects
- Recommendations for industry standard tools, resources, and best practices
- 30-35 hours/week
- 4-5 month contract
- A set weekly schedule
- Daily check-ins with the writing team via video conferencing (M-F)
$70-80/hr, commensurate with experience
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
You should be comfortable:
- Working with HTML, CSS, and Python
- Writing and testing Python code
- Identifying current Python methods, best practices, tools, resources, and general competencies
- Developing and coding practice exercises and projects with appropriate solution code
- Working independently and collaborating successfully with others on projects
- Meeting firm, regular deadlines at a consistent pace
- Communicating clearly yet thoroughly, verbally and in writing
- Explaining complex technical topics in a beginner-friendly way
- Receiving and implementing feedback
Bonus points if you also have experience:
- Working with a writer or instructional designer to develop instructional and/or technical content
- Teaching learners how to code
- Writing informational and/or learning content
- Collaborating remotely and/or with team members in different time zones
- Working with an Agile/Scrum team
About the Company
Skillcrush is a tech education company that offers online classes on a variety of tech topics. Our mission is to improve women’s quality of life by teaching the digital skills needed to enter high-earning and flexible careers.
At Skillcrush, we have built an open and collaborative environment. We hire the people we want to work with but who also think differently than us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to do it better.
Skillcrush is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin (or current homebase), sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, family status, geography, musical preferences or college football allegiances. We think a diverse team builds a better product!
Although based in New York City, the Skillcrush team is a remote company and welcomes job applicants from all over the world!
Please apply only via the link below. (Applications received via email cannot be considered.)