Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Job TitlePython Engineer
We are looking for a talented Python Engineer in Copenhagen with a passion for data and an ambition into data engineering.
You will join a company with roots and heart in music. We’re a team of 50+ developers, engineers, product managers, and more, drawn from every corner of the globe. The common denominator? Music—we live and breathe the stuff.
To successfully fuel our data insights both internally and client-facing, we need the support of a talented Python Engineer who has worked with or is interested in working with data transport and processing. Our data pipeline is powered by Kafka, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS services.
In this role, you'll be working very hands-on. But you will also have the opportunity to define and impact your own work by actively contributing to our efforts in optimizing and improving our data architecture and business logic.
You will join one of our full-stack development teams and work closely with our Data Engineer, while also being a cooperation partner to our DevOps team. Here, you will contribute to the team’s goal of ensuring consistent data for the insights in our core platform.
You are perfect for this role if you are capable of developing and improving our data pipeline, but feel equally motivated by having a higher level of task variation - including ad-hoc, explorative data tasks.
Overview of technology in our data pipeline:
- Storage: Cassandra, Druid, Elasticsearch, SQL Server, MySQL, S3
- Messaging: AWS SQS, Kafka, Azure Service Bus
- Languages: Python, Bash
- Deployment: Docker, Kubernetes, and TeamCity
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
In collaboration with the full-stack team, take on the development of our data pipeline and support the team’s development of data insights, dashboards and reports
- Working in pure Python with no web component.
- Write, maintain, optimize, refactor, and own robust, thoroughly tested code
- Test and document your code and fix any issues you find
- Monitor applications in production
- Collaborate with our DevOps team on building, maintaining and optimizing the infrastructure for the data pipeline.
- Actively contribute to the decision making for data pipeline and back-end implementations
- Stay updated on the field of python back-end development
Abilities and Skills:
- 3+ years of Back-end development
- Fluent with Python
- Experience in one or more of the following: pandas, structlog, json, boto3, pyspark, cassandra/kafka/druid packages
- Experience in unit and integration testing
- Strong hands-on skills and excellent team player
- Comfortable with working in an international environment and fluent in English
- Additional knowledge of .NET is a strong asset
- Maintenance and deployment of code, e.g. Git, Docker, K8s and TeamCity
- Experience working with distributed systems is a plus
- Being familiar with the Scrum framework is a plus
About the Company
Linkfire is the number #1 marketing tool for the creative and entertainment industry. We work with the biggest names in the music industry and route 60+ Million fans every month to the music they love.