Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job TitleSoftware Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced, and creative Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for designing, architecting, and supporting our Applied Machine Learning team.
We are hiring Software Engineers of all seniority levels. This is not a remote position. Only candidates in the Chicagoland area will be considered at this time.
- Building APIs following a spec
- Creative problem solving
- Be excellent at communication and collaboration
- Distributed Systems and Software Architecture development for SaaS at scale
- Handling data at scale
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Python experience preferred
- Familiar with REST
- Familiar with Gitflow and GitOps
- Familiar with modern software practices including code reviews, version control, feature creation, creating readable code, understanding and improving overarching architecture and design decisions, and estimating requirements.
- Comfortable with “cloud services” in general and CI/CD
- Familiarity with product-engineering concepts
-Behavior driven development or BDD
-Sprints / Agile / SCRUM / Standups / epic vs task / spike / punt / timebox / Kanban
-LEAN vs Agile vs Waterfall vs SCRUM
- NoSQL, SQL experience
- Docker experience
- Python 3.7 dataclasses
- K8s experience
- Functional programming
- “12 Factor App” application design philosophy experience
- “Well Architected Framework” application design philosophy experience
- Basic understanding of network protocols and routing.
- Ability in discerning IPV4, HTTP(S), UDP, TCP/Ip, Nat, iptables, resolve.conf, hostname resolution, sockets, ports, and sockets vs ports.
About the Company
Arturo is a deep learning spin-out from a Fortune 500 company focused on delivering highly accurate measurement and predictive data for the Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance, Reinsurance, REIT, and PERE markets.
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours