Python Developer - Automation of Networks
Hatfield, AL10 9UL, United Kingdom
Job TitlePython Developer - Automation of Networks
Ocado Technology (https://www.ocadotechnology.com/) is looking to hire Python developers with an interest in networking into our Infrastructure network engineering team, to help us build world class, robust, automated network implementations. We are looking to run many sites in different countries around the world, consequently our focus is on repeatable, hands-free network implementations, with full monitoring, automated configuration management, and flexible topological designs to cater for our and our customer’s needs.
The network technologies are primarily based on Juniper Networks hardware.
As a Python Developer in our Network Team you will:
- Design and implement a configuration management system for networking equipment.
- Build a pipeline for automatically configuring, testing, and monitoring warehouse networks.
You will tackle a wide variety of problems, from creating, testing and validating working designs, to deploying at scale and maintaining their operational state. Your primary focus is automation: configuration deployment automation, testing suite automation, dynamic monitoring automation, bootstrapping automation and similar.
Tech stack: Python, Juniper, Linux/Ubuntu, Libvirt and KVM, Neo4j and more
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- UK citizen, or UK VISA not requiring sponsorship.
- EU-based remote _maybe_ a possibility, but permanent UK preferred.
Ideally you will know...
- Version control tools (like git)
- Linux - Debian/Ubuntu
Kudos if you also have knowledge of...
- General networking
- General Linux system administration
- Juniper networking equipment
- Libvirt and KVM
- YANG data modeling
- Monitoring systems (like Nagios, Prometheus)
- Configurations management tools (like Ansible, Puppet)
- Basic understanding of CI/CD
About the Company
Ocado Technology (https://www.ocadotechnology.com/), the technology division of Ocado Group (http://www.ocadogroup.com/) consists of over 1,000+ software engineers, researchers and scientists that uses the latest in AI, robotics, cloud services, big data, and mobile technologies. We brainstorm, design, architect, innovate, experiment, build and maintain the systems that power Ocado.
We are developing a world class and highly innovative retail and fulfilment platform, called the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), a platform that powers our automated warehouses, run 24x7, and soon to be delivered to customers around the globe.
The Infrastructure department within OSP consists of teams that develop, maintain and support the hardware and software that underpins OSP, and we are looking to hire Python developers with enthusiasm for networking into the Infrastructure department.
- Contact: Roland Dunn
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.ocado.jobs/job/greenhouse/4274992002?gh_jid=4274992002