Junior Software Developer
University of Connecticut
Storrs, Connecticut, USA
Job TitleJunior Software Developer
Student Affairs Information Technology is seeking a junior Software Developer. This is an opportunity to build new business software products for UConn students, staff and faculty. You will work with a small, dedicated team of software developers to deliver quality code early and often. Agile and DevOps are at the heart of what we do.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- A bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least one year of programming experience writing software.
- Knowledge of Python and front-end web libraries like Bootstrap, jQuery, Knockout.js.
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design.
- Knowledge of database design in SQL.
- Knowledge of Linux, Git, and writing automated tests.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in Python or similar dynamic language.
- Experience with front-end web libraries and frameworks such as Bootstrap, jQuery, Knockout.js, AngularJS, etc.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, database design, and SQL.
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge of source control tools like Git, BitBucket.
About the Company
The University of Connecticut is the state's flagship institution of higher learning. Founded in 1881, the University spans 4,109 acres at its main campus and four regional campuses, and an additional 209 acres at UConn Health in Farmington. The main campus, located in Storrs, Connecticut, enrolls over 19,000 undergraduate and approximately 7,000 graduate students. The University of Connecticut is a school of choice for academically talented students. UConn is ranked in the top 25 of the nation’s best public universities by U.S. News & World Report.
- Contact: Valerie Puffet-Michel
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://sait.uconn.edu/jobs/job-opening-junior-software-developer/