Python Backend Developer - Cutting edge health tech startup
Job TitlePython Backend Developer - Cutting edge health tech startup
We are looking for a highly skilled Python backend developer with some dev ops (AWS) knowledge. As an early stage start-up we need someone with a can-do attitude who is happy to jump in and get their hands dirty which could be anything from learning GO, building a Lambda microservice or optimizing an AWS pipeline. You will get the chance to work with numerous different technologies, have a say in how we drive the company forward and learn a ton along the way.
Working alongside a team of PhD data scientists and bioinformaticians you will get to work on a cutting edge microservice architecture on AWS using serverless (Python/node.js) working with HUGE data (each DNA sample is 100GB…) to build a ground breaking epigenetics platform which is the first of its kind in the world.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Can write secure, scalable, readable code in at least one or two languages
- Experience designing and scaling databases
- Designing, building, consuming AND documenting REST APIs
- AWS (Lambda/EC2/S3/ECS etc)
- Happy on the command line
- Agile development
- Familiarity with mobile and web development
- Work as part of a focused team, but at the same time self-driven and able to work independently
Nice to have:
- Some dev ops (CI/CD/Docker)
- Experience working on high scalability websites
- Experience with big data
- Have worked with genetics data
- Experience with serverless and microservices architecture
- Graph Databases
About the Company
- Share options so early contributors benefit from our success.
- Epigenetic test!!
- Flexible working hours mean a family & life friendly environment.
- Fortnightly brainstorming team lunches.
- Flexible office or home working.
- We'll provide the laptop and IT you need to do your best work (macbook pro with monitors - you name it!).
- Book budget - order it no questions asked.
- Friday pub sessions.
Chronomics is an ambitious health tech start-up that believes people should be in charge of their own health. Health management should be proactive, not reactive and it should be personalised. We are using longitudinal biological data to bring about this revolution. A revolution where not only will people be in control of their own future but also in control of how they contribute to the future of humanity through the use of their data.
This product is just the first step towards a platform technology that will serve as the interface between the biological and digital world. It's an incredibly exciting time to come on board where you can really make a difference. Find out more at www.chronomics.com
- Contact: Rob Thompson
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/chronomicscom/view/P_AAAAABlAAAeJB8_FhE0wMg?trackingTag=pythonJobs