Capital Markets Python Developer
Charlotte, North Carolina, United Stated
Job TitleCapital Markets Python Developer
Candidate will be responsible for development of capital market application features supporting Cash Securities, FX, Intercompany Loan and derivative trading businesses within a development team for the Global Funding and Investments Technology organization within this Fortune 500 Company in Charlotte, NC.
The primary application is a Corporate Investment trade lifecycle processing for Cash Securities, Exchange Traded Products and Interest Rate derivative trades for both International and Domestic traders.
This role is ideally suited for a Python developer with some banking business knowledge and regulatory compliance experience. Must be able to work with Users and Application groups to facilitate implementation.
The general criteria for any candidate are: Hard working, driven to success in a highly competitive environment, advanced degree preferred, no job hoppers, and local to Charlotte (prefer no commuters).
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- A senior developer with a minimum of 3 years Python experience and/or 7 years Java development experience
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design
- Strong knowledge of Python programming and syntax
- Strong understanding of transaction-oriented, distributed systems and concurrency issues
- Strong understanding of standard SDLC practices
- Strong unit testing, debugging and problem-determination skills
- Good oral and written communication skills, analytical skills and a highly professional attitude are essential
- Be proactive, a problem solver and be able to work with minimum supervision when given a goal
- Strong work ethic, leadership, attention to detail, assertiveness and initiative.
- Candidates should have experience with Capital Markets products (Fixed Income securities, Interest Rate Derivatives, FX Spot/Fwd/Swap, exchange-traded futures & options), trading systems and environments, and Front and Middle office processes in a trading environment
- Experience with Agile development process is a plus
- Experience with object databases is a plus
- Experience with YAML file syntax is a plus
About the Company
ettain group is a talent solutions company dedicated to matching people with the most relevant employment opportunities in IT, healthcare IT and the digital creative space. Top employers and highly skilled talent throughout the U.S. select ettain group for a better recruitment experience. Our culture empowers teams with the flexibility to deliver a superior candidate experience and client experience using market intelligence. We recruit resources, own projects and manage programs to offer a wide range of IT development and talent solutions to our clients and candidates. To learn more about ettain group visit www.ettaingroup.com. To explore more job opportunities with ettain group, visit www.ettaingroup.com/job-board.aspx
- Contact: Robert
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org