Python Backend Developer
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Job TitlePython Backend Developer
Biarri is seeking someone to help with:
- Assisting project teams on delivery of specifications in a dynamic environment.
- Interacting with clients for requirements gathering, project delivery, and software support
- Implementing server side code for web apps and APIs in Python.
- Creating and maintaining internal libraries inspired by real world scenarios.
- (Optional) Developing optimisation engines (Mathematical Programs, heuristics, etc) using high performance Python.
- No telecommuting
- Agencies are OK
- The successful applicant will have a tertiary qualification and three or more years experience in commercial software development.
Python Development (essential):
- Good all-round understanding of Python and its libraries
- Web App Frameworks (we use Django) and REST principles
- ORM libraries
- Unit testing framework (we use Pytest)
- Task queue libraries (we use Celery)
Programming/Development Skills (essential):
- Database design (SQL or similar, although key/value and DBs experience considered)
- Web API design
- Unit testing
About the Company
Biarri Optimisation is an innovative Commercial Mathematics company that delivers powerful, easy to use decision support and optimisation-powered web applications that help businesses become more efficient. We are trying to create a more efficient world, so the generations to come can enjoy it even more than we did.
Biarri is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and fosters everyone’s growth. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply.
- Contact: Evan Shellshear
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://au.indeed.com/viewjob?t=python+backend+developer+100k&jk=3e5777e59ba9a8f5&_ga=2.88778971.1909347727.1545042992-637577402.1543407483