Python ETL Developer (Contract)
Los Angeles, California, USA
Job TitlePython ETL Developer (Contract)
We are looking for a Software Developer with experience in ETL, Python, and Data Warehousing. This is for a 4-5 month contract opportunity with a great company in the entertainment/media space in Los Angeles.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Experience – 4 to 5 years in this area and overall 7 to 8 years’ experience in IT
- Develop Python data transformation modules to replace the existing Teradata stored procedure and load data into Snowflake
- Design & develop the ETL framework for loading data into Snowflake
- Extensive knowledge Python Data manipulation libraries (Pandas, numpy, petl etc)
- Knowledge of Python development environment pip, Conda, Jupyter notebooks
- Conversant with design best practices for large volume data handling in python
- Knowledge o optimizing the process by parallelization in python
- Experience in end to end design implementation of Python projects
- Knowledge of build process of Python projects and various devops strategies around this
- Demonstrates basic understanding of data origin to ensure consistent and accurate data.
- Knowledge of Error Capture, Exception Management, Recon strategies
- Experience in Data warehousing engagements is a plus
About the Company
Technical Connections is Southern California’s premier recruiting firm specializing exclusively in web, software and information technology professionals. The firm, based in Los Angeles, offers a full range of services, including retained search, contingency placement, and short- and long-term consulting.