Junior Software Engineer
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Job TitleJunior Software Engineer
Streamline Genomics (Techstars '18) is a clinical data analysis company that is looking for a motivated junior software engineer to join our development team. Under the direction of the team lead, you will be responsible for designing, coding and improving existing and new features of our analysis pipeline and web platform. Candidates with a proven ability to work well within teams, good problem solving instincts, and an attention to detail and who are motivated to make the world a better place are highly encouraged to apply.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- 2+ years of practical experience in software development.
- Strong experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP), preferably python.
- Strong experience with Linux/Unix environments, familiarity with virtualization tools, specifically AWS and docker is a plus.
- Experience with software engineering practices (version control tools, test-driven development, code reviews, producing well-documented code)
- Familiarity with web frameworks, preferably Django.
- Familiarity with dev-ops practices (continuous integration, infrastructure automation) and implementing resource-intensive workflows is a plus.
- Familiarity with biology, bioinformatics, and/or statistics is a plus
About the Company
Streamline Genomics (Techstars NYC'18) provides a platform to help clinicians and researchers benefit from genomic sequencing without the need for data analysis expertise.