Senior Software Engineeer - Python Full Stack Web Service
Job TitleSenior Software Engineeer - Python Full Stack Web Service
You will be joining the senior team at Yagro to define and lead the future of our technology stack, with a first requirement to expand your engineering team and deliver the company’s vision to 2020. We are operating within an industry characterised by manual processes and poor information exchange. We need to distil a complex and opaque supply chain with multiple actors into a simple, elegant and scalable multi-user platform, with industry- leading analytics and data insight and a flawless user experience. We have a clean proprietary core platform:
- Python/Django driven (experience here is essential)
- Postgres database
- iOS and Android Apps
- Running Docker on AWS
We need you to create meaningful, lasting software which delivers and immediate impact to our customers. We have ready demand for the next generation of our platform, which will focus on predictive data analytics and enterprise insights. Alongside this, our current core platform will be deployed across multiple instances including international, requiring sharp deployment management.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- A smart developer who has experience delivering great quality products to customers.
- This is a web service, so knowledge of databases, web frameworks, browsers, mobile apps, UI and UX.
- Understanding of predictive data analytics techniques including standard machine learning.
- Someone who can manage the whole development process across specification, design, research, testing, deployments and operations.
- You are comfortable leading a team under agile principles and getting the best out of your people, including creating the best environment for them.
- An active participant in a learning environment and desire to iteratively improve yourself, the team and the company as a whole.
- No time for nonsense – just love getting shit done.
Above all, you’re excited by our vision and share our core values: we’re always learning; always looking for new challenges; we inspire each other; we are open and honest; we trust each other and aren’t afraid to give or accept responsibility and autonomy; and we have fun!
About the Company
The agricultural industry is undergoing a profound change. Data and technology give farmers the opportunity to reverse the long-term decline in profitability – in the UK we spend £3bn in annual subsidies to balance farmers’ books. Meanwhile, large agribusiness supplying the farm has seen decades of growth. Yagro is on a mission to help farmers become more financially sustainable, by offering breakthrough software tools and commercial insight. We’re developing a trusted, independent platform for farmers to gain visibility and control over their business and get the edge in the market. The opportunity is massive. Come capture it with us. We are an established, award-winning leader in commercial AgTech software, with hundreds of UK farming customers, strong revenue since launch in 2016, and long term financial support to reach our ambition.