Decisio Health, Inc.
Houston, Texas, USA
Job TitleSenior Engineer
You'll be part of the team responsible for building, validating, and operating the clinical data processing pipeline and API endpoints behind Decisio Insight. We need help right now with migrating our application to Kubernetes and scaling to meet the demands of larger and increasingly frequent deployments.
We're a Python 3 shop that makes heavy of use of the asyncio module and containerization technologies like Docker. We take devops seriously here, automating what we can and monitoring everything so we can make continuous improvements to our product. Engineers are responsible for both building applications and operating them in development, staging, and production environments.
Some of the things you'll be working on:
- Streaming and Restful API endpoints
- Websocket interfaces
- HL7 ingestion and processing
- Integration with third-party API providers
- Streaming data pipelines
- Building and running automated tests
You’ll be joining an experienced team that uses modern tools like Docker, GitHub, Slack, Travis CI, Datadog, and Trello. As an engineer at Decisio, you’ll be trusted to make decisions; one of your first will be selecting the computer and operating system that make you most productive.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- You’re smart and able to get things done
- You have extensive experience with Python, with an emphasis on web technologies
- You’re willing and able to teach and learn from other developers
- You can hold your own on the command line
- You take quality and testing seriously
Nice to have:
- A background in healthcare is valuable, particularly if you're trained as a clinician
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- A good understanding of asyncio and concurrency in Python
- Experience with Kafka and other stream processing tools
- Deep knowledge of databases, including performance and data integrity
About the Company
Decisio is a venture-backed startup in Houston, Texas building software that makes a difference in the lives of clinicians and patients. We go home each day knowing that our work matters.
Our office is modern and conveniently located, with many restaurants and stores within walking distance. We offer competitive pay and health, dental, and vision plans to salaried employees, as well as paid time off and free parking.
We're active in the local Python community. We sponsor and host the monthly PyHou meetup group and are a past sponsor of the annual PyTexas conference.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.