Austin, Texas, United States
Job TitleBackend Developer
We are looking for a backend software developer with extensive Python experience to work on our platform. You'll be a part of a small team building and maintaining microservices and APIs to communicate with our sensor network and IOT partners, and process sensor data.
- Build, maintain, and expand Python microservices for processing sensor data
- Work with front end engineers to develop Python web APIs
- Design and maintain data architectures for dependability and scalability
- Develop real-time data streaming systems to support data science & energy analytics
- Develop and manage customer-facing, real-time cross-platform notification routing
- Optimize cloud architecture pertaining to cost and performance
- Develop and use metrics to improve reliability and user experience
- Integrate our platform with various IOT platforms
- Respond to urgent customer-facing product issues funneled through BD and Customer Support
- Accurately estimate and plan projects to support product management and customer agreements
- Participate in team standup, planning, and bug review meetings
Things we look for:
- Self motivation
- General interest in green technologies
- Flexibility in job role and ability to pickup new technologies and projects despite experience/knowledge.
- Open communication to team on updates, issues, or concerns
- Excitement to be a part of an early stage startup
- Commitment to having fun in the office and contributing to a powerfully collaborative environment
Technologies We Use:
- Django and Flask
- AWS (EC2, Lambda, SNS, S3/Glacier)
- Rest API/CRUD
- AWS DynamoDB and InfluxDB
- NodeJS (Express and React)
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years of software development
- 3+ years working with Python
- Experience in designing web APIs with Django Rest Framework
- Familiarity with NodeJS and React
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
Nice to have:
- Time-based data series
- Real-time data analytics
- Linux kernel
- Electronics/power theory
- Control systems
- Big data architecture/scalability
- Horizontal scalability
About the Company
Curb, an Austin-based clean-tech startup, provides insight into home electricity usage; giving users control to make their homes more safe, energy efficient, and affordable.
The Curb solution provides actionable information about how to make your home more energy efficient by leveraging circuit-level electricity monitoring, real-time reporting, smart alerts, and remote energy controls. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a funded startup.
The Team & Company:
We are a small but quickly growing team. Balance is important and our software team prides itself on efficiency, creativity, and excellence. We are highly collaborative in which we value continuous learning, teaching, experiments, and failures. We attempt to keep our rituals to a minimum and build a strong technical foundation. We value simple, flexible technologies so that we can easily pivot to new features and new demands in our marketplace. We put people first, we protect our customers, and we are dedicated to keeping our office a welcoming place to work.
http://energycurb.com/ Curb is an equal opportunity employer. We are actively recruiting to accomplish a company makeup that reflects a range of genders, races, religions, sexualities, abilities, and ages.