Web Application Developer
California College of the Arts
Job TitleWeb Application Developer
Web Application Developer
California College of the Arts
The Web Application Developer is a member of the Web and Mobile Services team in Technology Services at the California College of the Arts (CCA).
CCA's web team is committed to creating simple, elegant solutions to address complex problems using the latest web technologies and design patterns. The team works on and supports a variety of web services with a primary focus on designing and building a cutting-edge college intranet and portal. The portal plays a vital and growing role at the heart of CCA's online ecosystem providing a repository of institutional knowledge, resources, and services for the entire college community.
The needs and configuration of the team may require the developer to focus on the frontend, backend, or integration layers of the application. However, the developer must have the breadth of skill and depth of knowledge to contribute and collaborate across the entire application technology stack, as need and priority dictate.
The developer must have a proven track record of working with stakeholders, end-users, designers, project or product managers, and other developers. The developer should have experience specifying, designing or leading the development of new features or functionality as part of a collaborative team.
Full-stack web application development time - 85%
- Collaborate with team members to develop robust, performant technology solutions that meet end-user requirements, ensuring that systems are built for ease of development, testability, deployment, maintenance, and scalability.
- Participate in product design, definition, and validation activities with team members, designers, project managers, other campus teams, stakeholders and end-users.
- Help define and implement application and data integration strategies.
- Work with team members to accurately scope project deliverables to ensure successful implementation and meet project deadlines.
- With the rest of the web team and the operations team, define and specify development strategies, tools, frameworks, and libraries appropriate for each project.
- Work with outside developers and other resources to deploy, integrate, or incorporate 3rd party functionality and systems into campus projects.
Application support time - 10%
- Work with the operations team to implement and maintain system benchmarks and monitoring to ensure that systems are stable and performant.
- Document procedures, technical instructions and institutional knowledge for use by the web and operations teams, support staff, management,and end-users.
Enhance and maintain professional knowledge and relationships - 5 %
- Maintain and enhance collaborative relationships and partnerships with other IT professionals, professional organizations, open source community members, and associations in higher education.
- Evaluate new web services and hosted software solutions for possible use and integration into the college's web application portfolio.
- Experience with modern front-end web application frameworks, such as React, Angular, Vue.js, or Polymer.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team; self-motivated and possessing an innate curiosity and a passion for learning and solving complex problems.
- Experience with Git and GitHub or an equivalent source control system.
- Experience with automated validation, packaging and deployment systems.
- Experience deploying, developing, or integrating with content management systems.
- Experience with RESTful web service design, ideally the Django Rest Framework (DRF).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; an ability to convey complex concepts to technical and non-technical team members.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Experience leading a team or leading the definition and design of new features or functionality including gathering requirements, specifying tools and platforms or technical strategies, writing and communicating specifications, and planning and supervising the development and deployment of the solution.
- Experience with test driven development.
- Development experience with PHP, JAVA, Ruby, Go, Swift or other mainstream programming languages.
- Experience doing operational system analysis, configuration, and optimization for performance, stability, maintainability, and security.
- Interaction design, visual design, service design, business process design, or data analysis skills.
- Experience working in an Agile work environment.
- Experience working with learning management systems and experience working in higher education and familiarity with academic and administrative practices.
- A personal art and design practice or an active interest in art and design.
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Recommended document file formats are Word or PDF. If there are multiple attachments, we recommend compressing/zipping your files into a zip format file. There is also a place in the application for you to provide a link to large documents. Please submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions.
For staff positions, screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
As an educational and cultural institution, California College of the Arts has a responsibility to provide access and opportunities for all people, with special attention to supporting groups historically underrepresented in higher education.
We believe that a culturally diverse campus is integral to academic excellence, and our student, faculty, staff, and trustee bodies should reflect the diverse world in which we live, with attention to race, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ability.
California College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
Please address any questions to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full application instructions and position description, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1300552
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please