Python/Django Developer (Remote)
Squash Labs Inc.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Job TitlePython/Django Developer (Remote)
We are looking for Full Stack Engineers with experience in Python, and web application development (we use Django). This is a full-time remote position, we accept applications from anywhere in the world.
We use GitHub to manage tasks and code reviews as well as tools/services like Celery, React, Travis-CI, Docker, Sentry, Browserstack, Stripe and Redis. We are constantly seeking the best tools available for our development team.
- Implementation of new and exciting features for Squash, these will be used by developers like you around the world
- Help fixing bugs and eliminating technical debt as needed
- Maintenance of our test suite and code base
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Strong hands on experience with Python, and at least one Python web framework. Django experience is a big plus.
- Experience building and deploying services on AWS is a big plus.
- Track record of delivering completed projects, preferably web-based
- Good SQL knowledge and databases, PostgreSQL is a plus
- You should be very familiar with Linux
- Experience with Docker is a big plus
- Understanding of code best practices and standards. We also expect that you follow PEP-8 style guide and use tools like Pyflakes and Pylint very often
- Experience writing Python test cases is a plus.
- Easy-going personality. You will actively participate in design discussions and code review
About the Company
Squash is a SaaS service focused on helping software developers to innovate more by saving time when dealing with test environments. Our service fully automates the deployment of test servers by creating disposable virtual machines per branch of code, removing all the hassle of managing your own test environments.