Python Software Developer (Flexible working option)
Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Job TitlePython Software Developer (Flexible working option)
2 new developers needed to take the lead on existing cloud platform interface for existing and well-established product in the cinema ticketing industry . Clean and well designed platform already in daily use and looking for the right developers to take it to the next level under the direction of Head Developer and Development Manager.
These developers will own rapid projects, seeing them going live within days of the development being completed, working directly with our Development Manager and other experienced developers (average developer tenure with JACRO is currently 16 years).
- Migrating existing functionality into the new online interface
- Helping to redesign and improve the customer experience and utility
- Developing new internal support tools and interfaces
- The writing of new reports
- Adding new functionality as the platform continues to mature
- Working directly under the supervision of the International Development Manager
This is a very exciting project and the perfect time to be joining our team. New opportunities with us are rare as developers generally stay for many, many years.
Flexible working is available - productivity and communication are our key metrics. It would be ideal to be local to Herefordshire, but it you're a great coder on a remote Scottish island with a lightning fast internet connection then please consider joining our team.
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
All applicants must:
- Have experience with writing code in python (experience with Django preferred)
- Employ efficient code with excellent form in both the back and front end
- Be experienced in working with databases (sql, mysql, mariadb or similar).
- Ideally have some Linux experience (not required)
There must be strong evidence of capability, self-teaching and experience. This rewarding role allows the developer to see directly the result of their work and feedback from colleagues and customers.
Non-technical skills needed
- Self-sufficiency and self-motivation critical
- Accuracy in self-testing
- Ability to clearly and efficiently follow direction
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
About the Company
- 4th generation cinema industry business, started in 1929
- Writing and maintaining software for over 35 years
- Reputation for pioneering new products
- Agile, family business mentality ("A company like JACRO is a rare find and I enjoy working with you and for JACRO", received unsolicited from colleague May 2018)
- Customers all over the UK and various continents around the world