Software Engineer - Sound Content
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Job TitleSoftware Engineer - Sound Content
As Software Engineer for Sound Content at Ableton you will play a key role in taking Live’s content to the next level. In this role you will use your skills and ideas to build and maintain Ableton's content delivery and grow it to service future products. By constantly improving the system’s health and reliability, you’ll contribute to both music making and the livelihood of many creators.
Our small team will benefit from your Python experience, while you develop an understanding of how we make and deliver content. Alongside your colleagues, you will work on new features for content delivery, enjoying a large degree of freedom. You’re not afraid to gain a solid understanding of a code base that both welcomes and requires improvements. You communicate your design ideas clearly enabling smooth collaboration in your own and across other teams.
- Develop and maintain content systems for Ableton Packs, the downloadable content modules for Live
- Get Ableton Packs ready for the next generation of products
- Write and maintain Python code, refactor Python legacy code
- Writing tools for internal use
- Documenting knowledge
- Training and sharing knowledge with your colleagues
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Skills & Experience
- You have strong Python 2 & 3 skills
- You have experience with Unix-like CLI tools and shell scripting
- You know your way around Git and have ideally worked with SVN
- You enjoy analysing and automating workflows
- You have worked on a large software project in a collaborative environment
- You are fluent in English
- You enjoy teaching and learning from others
- You are resilient and detail-oriented
- You work well in and are able to support your team
- You take initiative and work independently
What makes you stand out
- You have ported a large code base from Python 2 to 3
- You use Live and Push
- You are familiar with Ableton’s Packs
- You know C++
- You bring Web Development experience
- You are experienced with automated testing and treat it as an essential part of software development
About the Company
Here at Ableton, we come from a wide range of cultural and professional backgrounds. What connects us is the shared belief that each of us has the skills and knowledge to contribute to something big: helping to shape the future of music culture.
We’re passionate about what we do, and equally as passionate about improving who we are. We work hard to foster an environment in which people can grow both personally and professionally. We believe that diverse groups of people make better teams. We’re committed to increasing diversity in our workplace and providing equal opportunity throughout our recruitment process.
With us, you’ll work in a relaxed but dynamic environment, surrounded by people who love music and technology. You’ll be creatively challenged, encouraged to develop and improve, and you’ll become part of an expanding, diverse company.
- Contact: Hella Päselt
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://abletonag-jobs.personio.de/job/81772?_pc=26956