Technical Program Manager
Redmond, WA, USA
Job TitleTechnical Program Manager
This is your opportunity to make a difference in the lives of millions of Python developers worldwide who are looking to take advantage of the cloud. We’re looking for a technical Program Manager who enjoys collaborating across organizational boundaries with other product managers, engineers, marketing, technical writers, and UX designers and researchers to design end-to-end experiences that will make Azure the cloud Python developers love the most.
Microsoft’s Developer Division is chartered with empowering every developer and every development team on the planet to build great software faster. According to StackOverflow, 35% of developers use VS Code and 34% use Visual Studio. With two of the world’s most popular development environments, the tools we build arguably reach over half the world’s developer population. And that population is only getting larger. In the same survey, we learned that Python is growing 8% year-over-year, making it the fastest growing programing language worldwide. The opportunity for your work to be influential in the Python community is huge!
This is a PM position with executive-level visibility and the opportunity for advancement. What should you expect?
- Collaboration: This position promises lots of cross-team collaboration. Expect to build lasting, positive relationships with teams inside and outside Microsoft.
- Technical Complexity: Expect to speak proficiently about deeply technical subjects and understand the nuances of customer Expect fun and inspiring technical work that grows your skillset as a technical PM.
- Agility: Expect new challenges to arrive every single day. Expect to collaborate, reason, and sort through priorities with your team.
- Customer-focus: Above all else, you should expect customer feedback to guide your work. To be successful you will show empathy for customers, be sensitive to their needs, and use teamwork to deliver a great developer experience.
- Impact: The opportunity to have a lasting impact on the tools that Python developers around the world use.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
As a Program Manager for this role, you will drive customer-validated changes to Azure services and to our tools through a variety of activities including: * performing competitive analysis of other cloud platforms and Python tools; * building end-to-end Python demos showing usage of the Azure platform; * exploring quantitative & qualitative data, and define success metrics; * identifying Python customer segments, and forming problem & solution hypotheses; * designing surveys/questionnaires, and interviewing existing & potential customers; * designing UX mockup workflows, and designing SDK APIs; * writing specs, blog posts, and documentation; * ensuring engineering teams are clear on what they are executing on and why; * working with marketing/PR teams and presenting at user groups & conferences.
Successful candidates will… * Obsess over customer experience * Make recommendations based on data * Demonstrate a commitment to quality * Value diversity and inclusivity in the workplace * Have 2+ years of Python coding experience * Have 1+ years of experience using cloud services (from any cloud provider, from any programming language)
About the Company
Microsoft (Headquarters in Washington state, USA)