Lead Programmer and Technical Manager
Centre for Experimental Social Sciences, Nuffield College
Oxford, United Kingdom
Job TitleLead Programmer and Technical Manager
The Nuffield College Centre for Experimental Social Sciences (CESS) seeks to appoint a skilled programmer who will undertake and oversee programming and manage the operations of the CESS behavioural labs. CESS runs social science experiments with human subjects in four labs (networked computers where participants play behavioural games) and using online and mobile interfaces. The labs are located at Nuffield College in Oxford, England; Santiago, Chile; Pune, India; and Tianjin, China. Some travel to other CESS facilities may be required, but the Lead Programmer and Technical Manager will be based in Oxford.
The post is fixed-term for two years in the first instance. There will be an initial probationary period of six months. The salary is GBP 38,493 per annum.
Further Particulars including a job description are available from our website at: https://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk/media/2471/cessleadprogrammerjd.pdf
Applications consisting of a two-page description of the applicant’s experience and motivation and how these meet the requirements of the position, and a CV including the names and e-mail addresses of two referees, together with a Recruitment Monitoring Form, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Human Resources Department, Nuffield College, New Road, Oxford OX1 1NF.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 15 March 2018. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and candidates may be invited for interview in advance of the closing date.
If a candidate is invited to an interview before the closing date, we may contact referees directly before the deadline.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- A Master's degree in a relevant social science or computing discipline (e.g. computer science, economics, geography)
- Strong demonstrated experience in programming web applications
- Willingness to acquire skills in oTree, z-tree and Qualtrics (on the job training will be provided)
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Good knowledge of networks, servers, and clients
- The ability to work effectively in a small team and with a diverse range of people
- Experience with social science experiments
- Experience working with Windows Domains
- Experience working with Apache HTTP Server
About the Company
Nuffield College exists to promote excellence in education and research, and is an equal opportunities employer committed to equality and valuing diversity. Applications are particularly welcome from women, from disabled people, and from black and minority ethnic candidates, who are currently under-represented in posts in the College.
- Contact: Gillian Smit
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk/the-college/jobs-and-vacancies/cess-lead-programmer-and-technical-manager/