Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Job TitleSoftware Engineer
We're looking for a mid or senior-level Software Engineer to join our growing team of driven, team-oriented, and passionate people building web applications that disrupt the way our clients collect, store, search and understand publicly-available data.
The ideal candidate has a passion for getting things done and a strong desire to build sustainable, scalable software.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll be working on our client facing applications, helping tackle the hardest problems by taking ownership of significant pieces of Vertical Knowledge’s python-based web applications
- Develop resilient and reliable UIs using HTML5/CSS3, LESS/SASS, Angular and React with tools like webpack and mocha
- Lead by example by designing and implementing clean, best-practices maintainable code
- Work with a cross-functional team to define, design and deliver on new features
- Collaborate in a scrum-based agile environment, promoting dependable software engineer patterns and practices
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- The right person for this job is someone with a deep desire to work hands-on with a cutting-edge tech stack, and a drive to continuously improve the projects that they work on
- Backend development familiarity with RabbitMQ, Postgres, Django, SaltStack and Docker is a plus
- Experience integrating with, and developing REST API’s
- Someone that will thrive in this role is a person that describes themselves as full-stack and doesn’t shy away from all that entails
- You should have at least 4 years of web development experience with a demonstrated ability to ship software
- You’re the kind of person who does self-directed experimentation in their own time, driven by nothing more than their own curiosity
About the Company
Vertical Knowledge is a growing software company based in Cleveland, backed by Innovation Endeavors and Providence Equity. We empower our clients to access and understand information that is publicly available across the World. We capture and curate data for clients who demand excellence, innovation, and confidentiality. Everything we do, every app that we build is designed to bridge the gap between our clients and the insights they need to fulfill their mission.
- We offer a diversity of interesting technical problems. We'll stretch and grow your skillset as you deal with an ever-changing landscape of unique problems presented by our clients.
- We offer a rare opportunity in Northeast Ohio to work with world-class technology. You won't be building Yet Another Line of Business (tm) app here
- Our team is comprised of talented, hard-working folks that appreciate collaborating with driven, intelligent, accountable, and friendly people
- We value our culture. We're a great place to work with a serious dedication to the careers and personal lives of the people that we work with
- We offer fully paid health, vision, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, a 401k, and unlimited vacation days