Mid-level Python Engineer
New York, NY, USA
Job TitleMid-level Python Engineer
MakeSpace is the technology solution for physical storage. We are changing the way people think about their belongings and saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. In 2015, Fast Company listed us among the top 10 most innovative consumer electronics companies in the world for being “the Dropbox of physical stuff”. Needless to say, we have to keep going, well beyond building just another CRUD app. We are taking on the $34B storage industry with a combined product and engineering team of 25 people. We are just getting started.
What you will build:
- Craft a brand new taxonomy system for item tagging using computer vision, enabling us to better analyze storage trends and improve processing efficiency.
- Reimagine the technology and data for each process in our warehouse management system, to empower field managers and their staff to work in far more modern and more exciting warehouses.
How you will do it:
- Write, test, document and deploy code that ensures the integrity of our operations and unique user experience.
- Create, review and optimize relational database operations in our applications.
- Design, create and deliver new system solutions by collaborating with other teams.
- Write code that will perform efficiently and accurately in an asynchronous architecture.
- Design and update RESTful APIs and their documentations.
- Work on internal web tools that are essential to our Operations Team.
- Collaborate with our extraordinary design & engineering teams to create the best UX we can offer.
Our stack includes: a Python/Django/MySQL/RabbitMQ/Redis application running on Amazon AWS maintained with Docker/Ansible.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- You have 2+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- You’re motivated by a desire for deep involvement in product definition.
- You continually learn and strive towards being the best software engineer you can be.
- You aspire to use technology to positively transform the physical world—not get more likes, check-ins, serve more ads or optimize transactions for a big bank.
- You favor the use and contribution to Open Source software.
- With unwavering attention to detail, you appreciate clean, pragmatic, and reusable code.
- You have proven experience building platform applications with Python/Ruby/Java.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach and step outside of your comfort zone.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the Company
- Contact: Scott Miller
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://boards.greenhouse.io/makespace/jobs/922694#.WiHWlLT81TY