Backend Enginner in Advertising Solutions Team
Job TitleBackend Enginner in Advertising Solutions Team
Food delivery… sounds fancy, but how does that actually work?
Someone is hungry, she Googles her favourite restaurant, clicks the first link… and she lands on the restaurant page on lieferheld.de.
Now imagine this person lives in Australia, or in Argentina, or in one of the 40 countries where Delivery Hero is present. Each country has a different culture, a different language (or even several!). Imagine more than 150k restaurants with details that make them unique.
How would you make sure that she finds the food she wants? Can you make sure it happens quickly? Can you make sure it happens at scale and in a sustainable way?
- You will design, implement and maintain new tools for the Advertising Solutions tech team
- You will drive innovation in marketing, with a goal to increase the effectiveness of our marketing activities, through technological solutions.
- You will improve and maintain existing applications and services.
- You will be an active partner for Product management in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers.
- You will ensure code quality by coaching junior colleagues.
- You will make sure that the platforms keep up with high standards of scalability, stability, security and performance.
- Our Tech Stack: python3, flask, drf, celery, pandas, angular, circleci, aws/gcp.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- 3+ years of software development experience with a key focus on modern web applications and cloud services.
- You like data and you are comfortable handling lots of it.
- You have passion for clean and beautiful code, with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism.
- You firmly believe in lean and agile development.
- You get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly.
- You speak HTTP and REST like your mother tongue.
- You understand that quality is not ensured solely by the QA engineer, but by the team.
- You believe in cross-functional teams and know that responsibility does not end with deployment.
- You have good communication skills and you enjoy sharing knowledge among your peers.
- Nice to have: knowledge of the Facebook and Adwords APIs, Python data manipulation libraries. Frontend development and/or infrastructure knowledge is a plus
About the Company
Founded in Berlin in 2011, Delivery Hero is an online food-ordering service operating worldwide in 47 countries. We promote delivery service in the digital age, helping our customers find their favorite foods easily and conveniently from home, from work, or on the road. Through our website or via our app, we provide an overview of all the restaurants and delivery services.
We have more than 6000 employees globally, with 1000 staff members working in our Berlin headquarters.
Want To Work At Delivery Hero?
We are headquartered in Berlin, Germany – the start-up capital of Europe. Delivery Hero has a strong commitment to building a corporate culture of diversity and innovation. Diversity is a key pillar for our success. Our international team from more than 70 nationalities already operates across 5 continents. At Delivery Hero, you’ll be on a mission with us to create amazing takeaway experiences. You can feel that we’re going through a big transition from a traditional start-up to growth-stage mastery with all the fun that goes with that.
We work hard and have fun at the same time. Weekly perks and activities include fresh fruits, a knowledge exchange program, and a corporate football team. Milestones are celebrated with special parties and events throughout the year.
Delivery Hero provides new employees with visa assistance and the necessary work permits and accredited language courses are available for all employees.
- Contact: Jose Martin
- E-mail contact: email@example.com