Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Job TitlePython Developer
Here at Torchbox (https://torchbox.com/) we're looking for a Python Developer to join our team in Charlbury or Bristol, building a very wide range of bespoke apps for our lovely, interesting clients.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Relevant industry experience.
- Strong Python.
- A good understanding of relational databases, especially PostgreSQL.
- Good level source control (Git).
- Familiarity with the command line.
- Capable of administering large sections of the stack.
For extra points, you'll have skills in:
- Wagtail or another Django CMS.
- Unit testing.
- React.js / Angular.js / Backbone.js.
- Mobile web apps.
- GIS programming / DjangoGIS.
- MongoDB / another non-rel DB.
- Basic Linux sysadmin.
We'd love you to have a current technical blog and / or an active Github profile too. Maybe you're interested in Swift / Go / something we haven't heard of - tell us about it!
As well as the technical knowledge, you'll also be able to:
- Study and analyse the information needs of an organisation to contribute to technical specifications.
- Effectively communicate with clients to elicit detailed but clearly defined requirements for features.
- Analyse information needs and convert these into robust technical architecture.
- Support colleagues (reviewing and improving code and providing help and advice).
- Accurately estimate time required for build of a feature.
- Provide tests to support code.
- Operate as technical lead on some projects.
- Contribute to proposals by providing advice and information.
- Participate in educational opportunities in your own field.
- Remain up to date with state-of-the-art developments in relevant software field.
About the Company
Here at Torchbox, we create beautiful websites and build clever tech applications for people trying to make the world a better place. We design seamless user experiences, build powerful websites, manage effective PPC campaigns, improve social media performance and build robust web applications.
- An opportunity to work on some high profile projects for some fantastic organisations.
- Performance related annual bonus.
- Conference allowance.
- 25 days annual leave.
- 5% Pension contributions in an ethical pension fund.
- Life Assurance, Health Scheme, childcare vouchers, Bike to Work scheme, flexible working and more.
Torchbox is a Best Companies 3-star accredited employer. We offer a great working environment, with a high-quality team; weekly lunches with your colleagues: BBQs in the summer, curries, pizzas and stews in the Winter; company social events and more.
Torchbox is an Equal Opportunities employer
No agencies, please.