Software Developer / Operations
London, United Kingdom
Job TitleSoftware Developer / Operations
Hedge Fund is looking to recruit for a Software Developer / Operations position
Closing date for applications: 22 December 2017
Competitive salary (£30,000-£45,000) plus bonus
We prioritize automating as many operational tasks as possible. Team members who have ownership of certain processes (e.g. operations, data sourcing, trading) also write code to automate them. We are looking for a software developer to work within our Operations team.
The role will involve operational software development and daily operational tasks. No prior experience in finance or operations is necessary and full training will be given. You will work closely with traders and researchers. There is an opportunity to grow into other roles over time.
- Operations tasks, including checking trade, position and cash reconciliations and the daily profit and loss statements provided by third parties, and investigate any issues that may arise. These tasks are partially manual and the responsibilities include automating the processes as much as possible and maintaining the in-house operations software.
- Develop and maintain databases for the efficient storage and retrieval of financial data sets.
- Source and clean financial datasets for use in proprietary research.
Our technology stack: Python (numpy, pandas, flask), C#, MS SQL Server, MongoDB.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Candidates will ideally have the following:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of Python, SQL and preferably also C#.
- Interest in financial mathematics and statistics.
About the Company
Episteme Capital is a global investment manager with offices in London, UK and Rye Brook, NY, US. We manage a range of hedge fund strategies with Episteme Systematic Quest, a quantitative global macro fund, being the flagship product. The London team mostly comprises traders and researchers, all from a technical background. See more at https://www.epistemecap.com.
- Contact: Gustavo Lau
- E-mail contact: email@example.com