Full Stack Developer (Python)
London, London, United Kingdom
Job TitleFull Stack Developer (Python)
Memrise gives people learning superpowers. We aim to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months; our product is innovative and fun, and it deliver the goods.
This year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of 55 (comprising 37 nationalities).
We’re now looking to build out our engineering team to take Memrise to the next level (Level 3, if you’re asking). The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join the team!
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
We are looking to expand our team with an experienced Full Stack Developer. Your mission will be to build and improve our web platform, bringing it to the same awesome level of features as our award-winning mobile apps.
Ideally you will have some or all of the following:
- Fluent in Python & experienced in Django
- Experienced with writing optimized backend code for a RESTful application, including caching & query optimization techniques
- Familiar with tools involved in delivering a highly scalable web application, from web server to CDN configuration
- Strong knowledge of current front-end web technologies, including React, Redux, Bootstrap, Flexbox, etc. and their underlying architecture, i.e. virtual DOM diffing and unidirectional dataflow
- The ability approach code refactoring and architecture in a highly strategic manner
- An eye for details regarding responsiveness and usability
Bonus points for: * A passion for languages and learning * Experience building very high traffic web applications
About the Company
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team and language lunches. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8