Senior Platform Engineer
San Francisco, California, United States
Job TitleSenior Platform Engineer
We are looking for experienced software engineers / SREs to join the Platform team. The Platform Team is responsible for building / maintaining the Granular infrastructure which includes data ingestion pipelines, monitoring / alerting / logging infrastructure and varied services to keep our systems extensible, scalable and reliable.
The teams mission is to support all other application development teams in providing them the best tools so that they can get a unified experince of the underlying infrastructure. We also build systems to ingest massive amounts of farm data and we need to do this is a scalable and efficient way. Our stack is primarily Python, AWS, Postgres, Mongo, Pyramid, Flask, Django, Datadog, SumoLogic, Docker and related technologies.
What you will do :
- Design, improve and scale the build / code deployment pipelines using Jenkins
- Automate the server provisioning and lifecycle process using Infrastructure as Code principles
- Design pipelines for efficient and scalable data ingestion
- Build out dashboards and other monitoring / alerting infrastructure
- Participate in design and code reviews with your peers
Python is the primary programming languages used across our stack.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- 5+ years experience in a sofware engineering / SRE role writing clean maintainable code
- Solid understanding of distributed system design and associated tradeoffs
- Strong ability to work cross functionally and drive projects end-to-end with minimal supervision.
- Expert in AWS
- Expert in Python and any other compiled language e.g. Go
- Contributions to open source software
- MS or Ph.D in Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline or experience.
About the Company
Granular is the leading software and analytics company for agriculture. We are revolutionizing one of the world's largest and most important industries by making farmers' lives easier and making them more profitable. Our products help farmers get access to land, make more efficient use of inputs, and make better business decisions. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, and Des Moines, IA.