Software Engineer (Python/Django)
Rochester, NY, United States
Job TitleSoftware Engineer (Python/Django)
Dwaiter is searching for a talented Software Engineer to join our team of highly-skilled, immensely passionate people in Rochester NY.
We love open source, and we use whichever libraries/frameworks are best suited to the problem at hand. If nothing exists to do what we need, we build it ourselves. A typical stack for us would be: Debian, Nginx, uWSGI, PostgreSQL, and Django.
Cultivating an atmosphere of collaboration and respect is a priority and we want to hear your ideas even as a new member of the team. You will always have an eager team of developers and designers to help you grow as an engineer.
This is a full-time W2 employee position with the following benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous PTO policy, company holidays
- Health, Dental
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- You must be authorized to work in the USA
- You have obtained or will obtain a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering before starting work. You are familiar with programming concepts in algorithms, complexity theory, and databases.
- You have experience with a variety of programming languages.
- You are familiar with the Python language.
- You have an eagerness to learn new technologies.
- You love the web.
- You have good social skills, a plus if you have customer facing experience.
- You can simply communicate complex ideas to others.
- You work well with others, but also can take some initiative when given creative license.
About the Company
We do not believe in design for its own sake. We are strategists who love to solve complex problems and find innovative ways to achieve business objectives.
Since our founding 11 years ago, we have helped build superior web and mobile solutions for a wide array of national and international businesses.
We are located in the heart of downtown Rochester, NY. You'll get your very own private office space with an amazing view of the city. We have ping pong, big TV's, bean bags, and the most irresistible food in the city.