Digital First Media
Denver, CO, USA
Job TitleETL Developer
Digital First Media is looking for an ETL Developer interested in working with Engineering and Product Development teams to build stable, scalable, and repeatable data-driven products for use in both the publishing and advanced digital advertising sides of DFM’s business. The right candidate will be a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for working with technologies including Python, SQL, Amazon Redshift, Spark and staying current and curious about exploring the latest and greatest. This engineer will have input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
- No telecommuting
- Agencies are OK
Here is what you'll be doing
- Work with Engineering and Product Development to create data-driven products
- Build, monitor, and maintain data ETL pipelines used to populate data warehouse using Python, SQL, Spark and Airflow
- Design, create, and optimize database schemas and tables
- Collaborate on relational and dimensional data modeling and database design
- Administer and maintain our AWS Redshift clusters and other data infrastructure
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
- Share relevant knowledge with Engineering and Product Development teams
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience with AWS Redshift, PostgreSQL or other data stores
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with ETL processes
- Knowledge of database design and architecture principles, including in the data warehousing space
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of Git
- Experience with Apache Airflow a plus
- Experience with Apache Spark a plus
- Experience with Salesforce development is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field or relevant experience
- Scrum/Agile development experience
This is a full-time position, located in Denver.
Company does not currently sponsor employees for work authorization.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
About the Company
We want to be the best. That’s why we hire the best. We thrive on challenging, rewarding, purpose-driven work. We’re looking for skilled individuals like you - for professionals full of talent, but not of themselves.
Digital First Media, distinguished by its diversified portfolio of media assets, is home to Adtaxi, the client-centric digital agency that brings scale, precision, and sophistication to digital marketing, and such notable brands as The Denver Post, the Mercury News, and the Orange County Register.
Leveraging the belief that people matter as much as technology, we’re driving change everyday from Adtaxi’s best-of-breed, award-winning marketing solutions and ad technologies to the products that power our sites and mobile apps. And we’re just getting started.
- Contact: Nicholas Duffy
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/DigitalFirstMedia/743999661361437-etl-developer