Data Scientist - Data Analytics
GLOBAL Recruitment Solutions
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
Job TitleData Scientist - Data Analytics
As a key member in data analytics team for Corporate Engineering, the candidate will work within advanced engineering groups and a cross-functional team to develop and execute the data analytics strategy and apply products. Data analytics work encompasses the acquisition, processing and machine learning of engineering or service data and application to preventive maintenance and intelligent control of on or off-road vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTY AND RESPSONSIBILITY
- Collaborate with other team members to establish and execute the data analytics strategy regarding telematics, cloud hosting, data file system and preprocessing and engineering applications
- Work on the technical aspects of advanced diagnostics and prognostics and support the validation and verification of the intelligent preventive maintenance strategy using statistics and machine learning techniques.
- Conduct independent research on new technologies in cloud-based data analytics and establish requirements (resources, equipment, estimates, test plans, and milestones) and roadmap according to the needs of a project.
- Conduct data processing and data analytics on Hadoop Distributed File Systems (HDFS) for different vehicle platforms.
- Responsible for manipulating high-volume, high-dimensionality data in cloud or on-premise from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends with machine learning techniques using modeling tools (such as JMP, SAS, or Anaconda or alike).
- Support or lead the development of intelligent control of on or off-road vehicle or machineries using data analytics techniques.
- Assist or direct feasibility studies and project estimates (man power, budget development, and timelines, etc.) on proposed research and development projects.
- Support or direct proposal development with regards to acquiring appropriate funding for various advanced data analytics and control systems program from government agencies.
- Provide insight to service or engineering design teams and support maintenance enhancement and product design improvement.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Master degree in engineering field required with one to three years of work experiences on statistics, artificial intelligence, data analytics or machine learning.
- Working knowledge of telematics interfaces, data file systems (Hadoop) and data processing techniques (Kafka, Impala, or Map Reduce, etc.), database (SQL or NoSQL), data modeling and data virtualization tools in Python, R or Java/C/C++.
- Automotive or heavy duty on or off-road vehicle, digital data bus, including Ethernet or Controller Area Network (CAN) experiences a plus.
- Strongly motivation in learning new technologies and skills in data analytics fields
- Excellent time management, communication and presentation skills
About the Company
The Company is a leader in designing, manufacturing and servicing a broad range of access equipment, commercial, fire & emergency, military and specialty vehicles and vehicle bodies under the brands of Oshkosh®, JLG®, Pierce®, McNeilus®, Jerr-Dan®, Frontline™, CON-E-CO®, London® and IMT®.
Fortune 500 Company with manufacturing operations on four continents. Its products are recognized around the world for quality, durability and innovation, and can be found in more than 150 countries around the globe. As a different integrated global industrial, we are committed to making a difference for team members, customers, shareholders, communities and the environment.