Data Scientist - Computer Architect (Cloud Applications)
GLOBAL Recruitment Solutions
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
Job TitleData Scientist - Computer Architect (Cloud Applications)
As the technical lead in data analytics for engineering fields, the candidate will work within advanced engineering groups and a cross-functional team to develop and execute the data analytics strategy and apply to company's products. Data analytics work encompasses the acquisition, processing and machine learning of engineering data and application to preventive maintenance and intelligent control of on or off-road vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTY AND RESPSONSIBILITY
- Collaborate with other team members to establish and execute the data analytics strategy from computer architecture aspects regarding Internet of Things (IOT) and telematics data ingestion, data handling and storage, web applications, cloud hosting, and data security in data file systems.
- Work with external vendors and other functions in the corporate, plan and direct the on-premise or cloud-based data cluster hardware and software services and upgrades for advanced diagnostics and preventive maintenance systems.
- Conduct independent research on new technologies in data analytics related to computer architecture and data file systems and establish requirements (resources, equipment, estimates, test plans, and milestones) and roadmap according to the needs of a project.
- Communicate with external vendors and other departments to bring in training and technologies related to cloud computing, data file systems (Hadoop), data processing visualization and machine learning.
- Responsible for maintaining the toolsuite and software in the clusters for data analytics purposes. Tools include but limited to JMP, SAS, Anaconda, Tensorflow, Theano etc.
- Support or lead the development of machine learning and visualization on vehicle engineering or service data using open source or commercial software packages.
- Assist or direct feasibility studies and project estimates (man power, budget development, and timelines, etc.) on proposed research and development projects.
- Support or direct proposal development with regards to acquiring appropriate funding for various advanced data analytics and control systems program from government agencies.
- Provide insight to engineering or servce teams using data analytics tools and mentoring to low level engineers as needed based on expertise.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Master or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering field required with at least 3 years of work experiences on distributed data file systems, data security, artificial intelligence, data analytics or machine learning.
- Working knowledge of Linux system, computer architecture and data security, data file systems (Hadoop) and cloud based data processing techniques (Impala, spark and Map Reduce, etc.), database (SQL or NoSQL), data modeling and virtualization tools in Python, R or Scala.
- Automotive or heavy duty on or off-road vehicle, digital data bus, including Ethernet or Controller Area Network (CAN) background a plus.
- 7 or more years of related work experience
About the Company
Fortune 500 Company with manufacturing operations on four continents. Its products are recognized around the world for quality, durability and innovation, and can be found in more than 150 countries around the globe. As a different integrated global industrial, we are committed to making a difference for team members, customers, shareholders, communities and the environment.
The Company is a leader in designing, manufacturing and servicing a broad range of access equipment, commercial, fire & emergency, military and specialty vehicles and vehicle bodies under the brands of Oshkosh®, JLG®, Pierce®, McNeilus®, Jerr-Dan®, Frontline™, CON-E-CO®, London® and IMT®.