Python/Django Software Engineer
Cambridge, MA, USA
Job TitlePython/Django Software Engineer
Join our development team in designing and developing our energy services application and the tools we use to run our business behind the scenes. You'll learn about both clean energy and our broad range of customers. You'll work in our team to discover how to best serve our customers and collaborate in building the applications to do just that. Our stack includes Django, MySQL, and various AWS infrastructure services including S3 and DynamoDB. Our internal tools include GitHub, Loggly, Fabric, and Google Apps.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Substantial experience building, deploying, and managing scalable online applications
- Python expertise
- Fluent in the modern development approaches of Web APIs, XML/JSON data services, and development frameworks such as Django
- Experience working with large, business-critical relational databases
- Good grasp of the challenges and opportunities in developing and deploying applications for a cloud-based platform, such as AWS
- Reasonable Linux/MySQL admin skills
- Interest in and familiarity with Internet of Things (IoT) concepts and challenges
- Interest in energy issues a plus
- Conscientious attention to detail
- Strong, intuitive sense of integrity and ethics
About the Company
Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, PowerDash provides web-based software tools for the management and monitoring of alternative energy installations. We work with top-tier partners and advocate for open smart grid standards through initiatives such as SunSpec. In addition, we were one of the first Massachusetts companies to become a Benefit Corporation when Massachusetts law provided for this option in December 2012. We took this step to institutionalize social responsibility into the very charter of our organization. We want to be held to high standards of employee treatment, social responsibility, and environmental stewardship.
If you would like to join our team and be a part of our important, rewarding work, please review this opening and get in touch if it sounds like it describes you!