Principal Python Software Engineer
Amplidata - a Western Digital Company
Job TitlePrincipal Python Software Engineer
Do you want to be part of the Engineering team of Western Digital, with a development center in Belgium, Ghent? Do you want to work on their latest Object Storage systems that deliver storage capacity up to 52 PetaByte? Do you want to write software for the ActiveScale product line? 3 times yes? Then we might have a match.
We are currently looking for an experienced Python Software Engineer who wants to work on extending the customer facing Storage API, different storage compliance features, Disaster Recovery options and tuning the system for better performance and scalability.
We are looking for someone who wants to lift his (or her?) career to the next level by learning from some of the worlds brightest storage experts and contribute to a revolutionizing product. When you want to (learn to) write software with a focus on Enterprise Quality, Performance, Scalability and Robustness, Amplidata/Western Digital is the place to be.
- Taking Product Management's input on new features and product enhancements, and translating this into well tested and well architected implementations.
- Through our Agile development process driving features from demos to production ready code through several iterations.
- Assisting our Customer Support team with troubleshooting issues and optimizing Customers' setups
- Create well documented code which is quality assured by unit, component and integration testing code which are run through our Continuous Integration Environments in order to avoid any regression and give you instant feedback on what you've written.
- Iterate on improving design and functionality and get the liberty and opportunity to step outside the beaten path on our quarterly hackathons.
- Whatever you create, as long as it's created from the perspective of our Customers, you'll create value and get their appreciation for it.
- Your primary focus is on building software that interfaces with other areas of the product and teams: Maintenance of the existing automated product integration suites and extensions to it as new features are built. Cooperation with the Marvin Core team on management stack aspects (upgrade, configuration management, monitoring). Provide support to your team members and help them out with python-oriented tasks.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Master in computer science or equivalent through experience
- At least 5 years of experience with programming production level software in Python
- Basic administration & troubleshooting of Linux Ubuntu
Skills considered a plus
- Previous experience as a Linux system engineer
- Knowledge of Amazon's AWS S3 API, SDK's & tools
- Understanding of Cloud and Enterprise storage concepts and products
- You enjoy working with other people and delivering features as a team. When the team is at risk of missing out on its commitment, you'll help out even if that means stepping out of your comfort zone.
- You're familiar with getting open feedback from your peers through code review and pair programming
- You’re used to working in a team with clear coding guidelines and high standards for code.
- You enjoy working with people from other cultures and time zones
- You like working in an environment that appreciates humor, fun and off-work activities.
About the Company
Amplidata has been acquired by Western Digital Company. The acquisition supports the company’s strategy to expand into higher value data storage platforms and systems that deliver breakthrough value and scalability to address the massive growth in storage requirements in cloud data centers. Amplidata’s primary offering is Himalaya®, an advanced object storage software product that enables scale-out software-defined storage systems. By delivering industry leading scalability with the efficiency, resiliency, and flexibility required for demanding cloud data center environments, Amplidata’s products and technology have earned the trust of leading OEMs and cloud service providers. Building on its reputation for producing reliable HDDs, SSDs, and developing tighter integration with software, HGST is optimizing storage efficiency and reliability for today’s data-centric economy. HGST had previously selected Amplidata as a joint development partner for its Active Archive platform which aims to enable breakthrough levels of storage efficiency at an ultra-low total cost of ownership. Having greater control and expertise over the fundamental building blocks of hard drives, solid state drives, and software, enables tighter end-to-end system integration and a more optimal use of software and underlying device capabilities.
To learn more about HGST visit http://www.hgst.com
To learn more about Amplidata visit http://www.amplidata.com
- Contact: Olivier Gustin
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://jobs.amplidata.be/jobs/principal-python-software-engineer