Software Developer (Aerodynamics)
RenaultSport Racing (Formula 1)
Enstone, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Job TitleSoftware Developer (Aerodynamics)
An exciting opportunity exists for a Software Engineer to join our Aerodynamics department.
We are looking to improve our existing software and create ambitious new tools to more efficiently extract and understand results from wind tunnel, track and CFD. Assisting the engineers by developing capabilities to compare car performance data across these three domains in an intuitive and seamless manner.
The successful candidate will produce clear, maintainable, extensible, scalable code with high performance and quality design that meets or exceeds the needs of the end user.
The candidate will be organised, methodical and demonstrate the ability to communicate complex ideas with clarity and articulate challenging concepts in understandable terms.
The ability to write robust tests and write comprehensive documentation is crucial.
Please apply in writing with current CV, salary expectations, details of your notice period and quoting job reference RSR-UKAER6 to: email@example.com
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Knowledge of Python 3.6+ is a prerequisite. Useful Python modules to be familiar with are: PyQt, PyTest, Pandas, Matplotlib, Multiprocessing, Asyncio, PyODBC, Sphinx, Virtualenv
- Demonstrable experience with UI design, data visualisation, data manipulation, and unit testing is essential
- Experience developing data centric scientific or engineering tools in the past is beneficial. As is any experience with Aerodynamic processes (wind tunnel, CFD or track)
- The ability to support our legacy software (.NET, SQL) is also important
- Experience with Git, Bash, Inkscape, VTK, and/or Matlab would also be desirable but not essential