Software Product Engineer
Carmel, Indiana, United States
Job TitleSoftware Product Engineer
Rook Security is currently hiring for a Software Product Engineer at our Carmel, IN office. Our opportunities involve cutting edge technologies ranging from advanced systems development, implementation of emerging web technologies, storage and mining of big data, and cloud automation design. We believe in taking an agile approach with a focus on improving ourselves and our products every day. You will have the opportunity to work with our products from their inception to release to ensure stability, reliability, and scalability.
As one of the fastest-growing small businesses in our industry, you will have ownership in the development of tools and systems that will help lead the security industry. You will be a key contributor in protecting our community and the peace of mind of our clients.
Work with engineering team to create innovative solutions to technically challenging problems in the Information Security space Design, implement, and maintain highly performant systems and large scale scale services Integrate with existing data stores & third-party applications Leverage machine learning to detect anomalies in data Produce cleanly designed code that is testable and reliable Passion for understanding, exploring, and experimenting with emerging technologies Knowledge sharing through internal symposiums and external meetups Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews Create clear documentation of design and implementation of software solutions The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 2-5 years of relevant development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering (or equivalent)
- Past experience in cross-functional engineering efforts
- Version control experience: git
- Experience writing unit & integrations tests
- Experience with Python Django
- Elastic.co (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Beats)
- Excellent Python and object-oriented development skills
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud offerings a plus
- Usage of pub-sub message services such as (Apache Kafka, Redis, etc)
- Experience with Django Channels
About the Company
Headquartered in Carmel, IN, Rook Security is a global provider of IT security solutions protecting against dynamic emerging threats. Rook’s consulting and managed security services deliver visibility, intelligence, and response in security operations to overcome the complex problems that continue to plague most organizations. As an integrated extension of their client’s internal teams, Rook helps organizations achieve a mature security and risk management program. Rook's consulting and managed security services have helped to improve the way organizations from start-ups to Fortune 100 firms protect their data and manage their risk. For more information, join us on Twitter @RookSecurity, Facebook, or www.rooksecurity.com.
- Contact: Keri Thompson
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://app.trinethire.com/companies/5656-rook-security/jobs/5107-software-product-engineer