Python Developer (Data Science/ML)
Harness Property Intelligence
London, London, UK
Job TitlePython Developer (Data Science/ML)
HARNESS Property Intelligence is looking for an experienced Python developer to work as part of our data science team based at our London Bridge offices in London, UK.
You will work closely with our technical engineering team reporting jointly into our Chief Technology Officer and our Chief Data Officer. You will be responsible for building stable, production ready, performant products which will underpin our primary business proposition.
As part of our data science team, you can expect to be working on projects with a diverse toolbox. We are already working with data cleansing; lexical analysis; NLP; semantic analysis; classification and machine learning. Training and mentorship in all these technologies will be provided where required. Your own experience and opinions will be very important in helping us build industry leading data-led solutions.
This is a greenfield opportunity for someone who is able to contribute at the very core of the business. You should be able to deliver solutions that are robust, highly testable and which adhere to best practice software development methodologies in an agile environment.
Current Tech Stack
- Python 3.5
- Numpy, Pandas, Sklearn, Pickle, Celery
- PostreSQL with PostGIS
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- At least 2 years core Python experience
- Test driven, linted, SOLID code
- Experience with Git source control
- Database abstraction (e.g. ORM) and querying
- Experience with agile methodologies – Preference for libraries over frameworks
- Experience at working with unstructured and semi-structured data
It might also be beneficial to have:
- ETL experience
- Scraping libraries (Beautiful Soup, Scrapy, etc)
About the Company
Founded at the end of 2016, we are a well-funded startup, working on exciting data-focused solutions within the commercial real-estate market in the UK. We have a diverse and dynamic team designing and building interesting products for launch in 2018 and beyond.
Benefits of Working with Harness
- Competitive salary
- Employee Equity Scheme
- All the tools you require to get the job done
- Plenty of opportunity to work from home
- 25 days holiday PLUS UK public holidays (33 in total)
- Greenfield project with plenty of scope for learning
- Great opportunity to learn data science techniques and algorithms – Working with an experience, knowledgeable, friendly team