Senior Software Engineer
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer
IMA Ltd. is in the Material Master Data solution market. We live and breath manufacturing data and we have been doing so for over 30 years. So, what does IMA really do anyways? Well, for starters, we help fortune 500 and fortune 100 companies from around the world govern, organize, and enhance their manufacturing part data. Manufacturing plants can have hundreds of personnel working with hundreds of thousands of parts everyday. This part data needs to be accurate and searchable so that their purchasing department can order effectively, maintenance personnel can avoid downtime, and the finance team can track their assets. Sounds logical, but over time large lists of parts can become a daunting task to handle as parts are entered incorrectly, duplicates are added, and incomplete part data makes it’s way into a master item list.
That’s where we come in. IMA cleans and improves a customer’s existing material master data using software automation and then provides a SaaS platform called uManage, to implement processes and data validation to maintain their data integrity. We are looking for talented software engineers to build version 2.0 of our existing platform. Come work with us as we use modern technologies to disrupt the MRO Data Cleansing industry.
As a Senior Engineer at IMA, you will...
- Build IMA’s next generation data pipeline
- Develop and maintain distributed microservices
- Be responsible for the entire stack from front-end web systems to back-end services
- Deploy production quality code regularly with confidence
- Collaborate with a small team
- Participate in peer code reviews
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- An understanding of web technologies (JS, CSS, HTML, DOM)
- Experience building and shipping production quality software
- Understand and appreciate software development tools such as version control (Git)
- Experience working with RDBMS such as PostgreSQL
We’re excited to speak to applicants who…
- Love learning and stays on top of the latest technologies
- Have built systems for modern standards compliant browsers
- Have created RESTful APIs, preferably using Python
- Deployed systems to cloud providers such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Have worked with modern container technologies for production deployments (Docker, rkt, kubernetes, etc.)
- Developed software in an agile environment
- Have experience with modern CSS frameworks and preprocessors (Bootstrap, Materialize, SASS, LESS)
- Believe strongly in writing testable and maintainable code
About the Company
What We Offer
We are building a brand-new office in Waterloo, help us grow and have the opportunity to really make a difference. IMA provides a laid back corporate culture, flex time, and a mentorship program encouraging personal growth. We compensate our employees by offering a competitive salary, benefits, and other various generous perks. You’ll get the chance to work with some of the world's most recognizable brands whilst working with some of the newest technologies in the industry.
IMA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, social or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.