Full Stack Python Developer
Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corporation
Miami, United States
Job TitleFull Stack Python Developer
The Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corp is looking for a full-stack engineer to join us in. In a given day you might work on managing infrastructure or contributing code to the open source projects we use, or anything in between. you will be instrumental in directing architecture decisions to exploring new technologies that might better suit our needs.
We are not looking for a software development “team”. We are looking for one very awesome person to grow with the company and help build the next-generation news organization.
The stacks we use are: Python/Django on top of Postgres or Python/Flask on top of Mongo/Elasticsearch with some other technologies sprinkled in. The frontend is a mix modern web tech, REST APIs, AJAX, and deployed to a variety of services including Linode, AWS, baremetal, and more. We'll be using Git to manage code and GitHub for issues and pull requests and Slack for internal communication.
For more information on the applications we use please see: Tendenci and SuperDesk.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your specifics, a resume and your requested compensation along with a brief explanation on why you’re the perfect candidate for this opportunity. This project will have very modest time requirements and will start as a contract, however has full-time and long-term potential for the right person.
No agencies or recruiters, please.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Experience writing and shipping code with a modern web application framework (Python, Django, etc…).
- Experience with an RDBMS, Postgres, Mongo and Elasticsearch prefered.
- Command of modern web browsers.
- Experience with version control fundamentals.
- Understanding of AWS, Linode, and server administration.
- Comfortable on a command line in a Linux environment, Ubuntu preferred.
- Experience with non-profits/associations a big plus.
- Must be able to effectively telecommute.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and healthy sense of humor.
- You should work and play well with others and be solutions oriented.
About the Company
The Fourth Estate is a United States based international membership organization whose stated mission is to "contribute to a healthy society by fostering, supporting and incubating a sustainable and vibrant free press."
Organized as a multi-stakeholder new generation cooperative, members of the Fourth Estate are both individuals and organizations representing news and journalism producers as well as consumers.
- Contact: Exec. Director
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: http://members.fourthestate.co/Career-Center/full-stack-developer/