Senior Software Engineer - Python
Tenable Network Security
Columbia, Maryland, USA
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer - Python
Tenable is looking for a senior software engineer to join our team. This position will involve designing, developing, and maintaining an automated system for collecting vulnerability and threat information and using that data to generate content for Tenable products.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Strong Python development skills in Python 2.7 or 3.x
- Experienced with Elasticsearch
- Experience with distributed web applications
- Experience in multi-threaded programming
- Prior experience with web scraping preferred
- Experience using templating libraries
- Experience using Linux as a primary development environment
- Experience with revision control systems
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Experience working in Agile development environments, on 2 week sprints, on Scrum teams, etc.
- Prior background in similar programming languages or scripting helpful
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a directly related field
About the Company
Tenable is more than ‘just’ the creator of Nessus. Our security solutions - including the first cloud-based platform, Tenable.io - are transforming global vulnerability management. We’re a global team, powered by creative thinkers who are wired for action, focused on delivering results and collaborating to enable decisive actions to protect what matters most. We’re in this together - colleagues, customers and partner communities working as One Tenable.
Can you join Team Tenable? Yes you can - if you’re excited by the thought of working with over 700 colleagues, 20,000 customers and a range of revolutionary products that are shaping cybersecurity in 150 countries. Being valued for who you are as well as what you do, you can embrace the pace (we’re recognized as one of the fastest growing security product companies by SC Magazine, Red Herring, Info Securities, Deloitte and E&Y) as well as enjoy a superb rewards package (we’re seen as a Best Places to Work by Glassdoor, The Washington Post, The Baltimore Sun, The Baltimore Business Journal and Expert Marketplace). The key question is: Is This You?